1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should be our starting PG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeacePeace, Oct 26, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who should be the starting PG?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2013.
  1. Patrick Beverley

225 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Jeremy Lin

416 vote(s)
    64.9%
  1. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Lin is an american. smh.

2. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Facepalm.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Honestly, I'm sorry that your attempts to aggravate me aren't working the way you'd like. You've tried condescension, telling me what I can and can't post, and then lame sexism when the first two didn't work. I read and post here for fun, and because I love this team. More importantly, I'm an easygoing kind of chick who doesn't let a whole lot get under her skin. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have lasted even this long on this board. I can disagree with people without being rude or disrespectful, but I also don't tolerate anyone being disrespectful or flippant towards me -- male, female or otherwise. You came at me sideways first for no reason and now seem irritated that I'm not reacting in the way you'd hoped. I'm sorry, but I just don't care that much. LOL.

But look -- you got it. I won't be responding to you further b/c I'm bored with this, but I'll humor you. I'm just an empty-headed woman who doesn't know much about the world, and you're a man, so you know best! Your insults were totally effective in hurting my delicate lady feelings (see, look at my sadface --> :(), so you should be super proud of yourself. Hope that helps. :)

4. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

No one told you you couldn't post. That's just a fantasy on your part. I don't care what race or gender you are. Dumb posts get called out as dumb posts.

You implied that there was widespread hatred for beverley yet could only produce one post to support your allegation. An idiotic move considering the number of posts on this forum.

I questioned whether this assumption was valid at which point you began your nonsensical "I post what I want" diatribe.

The fact of the matter is, you don't have any evidence to support your paranoid assertion that beverley is widely hated and the fact of the matter is is that now that your baseless assertion is being questioned, you're throwing a tantrum and pulling out the gender card.

That's in ADDITION to pulling the race card earlier ("some people" hate beverley).

Real smooth, captain. Oh wait, is that a sexist comment too?

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

This. His playmaking is pretty good and he has improved his shooting. The last obstacle is his defense, totally anticipating him to triumph over it, it's not a bad motivational opportunity.
    I guess you understand what I was doing now. Cool.

6. jocar

jocar Member

I've come to the conclusion that TJ vs JR was an obsessed Beiber fan who has since moved on to his next victim. Apologies, people.

[​IMG]

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Basically a LOF vs Rockets fans poll.

8. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

LOVVVEEE ITTTTT!

This thread has it all.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Now that I have thought about it, after thinking about your post a little bit, I have an observation. I have basically flamed everyone in this forum in my effort to disperse. The better posters pretty much never:
    It's actually a distinguishing trait for the ones who do.

You guys might want to check this out:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/11/why-we-fightand-can-we-stop/309525/

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Depends on how Harden is going to be used to start games. If his role is as a playmaker than it makes more sense to start Bev since you won't need another playmaker in Lin.

However, if Harden is going to be more of a shooter to give his teammates a chance to get involved early (the way Kobe and Jordan used to) then it makes more sense to start Lin. This lets Lin get other players involved and allows Harden to take it easy and then Harden can push it as soon as Bev comes into the game.

Problem with having Bev start it means that Harden has to do more. I'd like to see Lin start and give Harden a bit more passive role to start and let the rest of the team get going. Then Harden will be more devastating.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

@ imarealballer --

You seem intent on insulting me and relying on hyperbole to prove whatever points you have in your head, so I'm not even sure why I'm taking the time to address you respectfully/rationally -- but I will anyway.

1. Own your words. You can't post stuff like this:

... and then pretend that I'm throwing some gender card or injecting gender into the conversation. Housewife? You go girl? Feminism activist? I mean, come on. You resorted to it, which is fine. But own it. Let's not act like I'm pulling it out of my ass.

2. I never said Beverley was the subject of "widespread hatred." Ever. I challenge you to find a single post where I said that. What I did say is that there is a segment of posters here who will root for him to fail -- and I said that in response to someone in this very thread who said a big part of him was hoping that Beverley started and did badly. That is rooting for him to fail, plain and simple.

In addition to that post, I've sat in numerous preseason streams (where there's a chat box and CF members are chatting during the games) and seen self-professed Lin fans gleefully celebrating when Beverley turns the ball over or misses a shot. You suggested that I am not allowed to reference the fact that some posters are rooting for him to fail unless all of the examples of it are present in the thread, which I find ridiculous.

When you questioned me about the basis of my comment, I responded to you respectfully. You responded by condescending and calling me foolish, which is what set this off.

3. If you want to believe using the phrase "a segment of Rockets fans" = playing the race card, I'm not sure what to tell you. I actually think those that are quietly rooting for Beverley to fail are doing so because they are passionate and (over)zealous in their fandom for Jeremy -- not because Beverley is black. I have never suggested that, but if you want to interpret those words that way, it's fine with me.

In sum, you can continue to call me foolish, idiotic, nonsensical, or whatever you want. It's obvious you're getting off on it. I've not insulted you ONCE in this thread, and I'm not going to start now b/c it's just not that deep to me. I'm done derailing the thread and will simply agree to disagree. If you can't do the same, that's OK.

:)

12. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

You couldn't be more right. Props to you.

13. jocar

jocar Member

tl;dr

Stop hatin hater

14. jocar

jocar Member

No.....

[​IMG]

Now it does.

15. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I didn't know that the whole coaching staff, the team, the organization, and many fans, were all LOFs, for 82 games in last season, simply because they supported Lin starting.

Post like this really makes the atmosphere here great.

16. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Not a bad idea, Joker:
    [​IMG]

17. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

those nipple fruits are looking pretty ripe!

18. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Man, so much member-to-member fighting that's not even about Rockets and basketball anymore. Can't y'all just email or message each other? No need to waste a whole page, ain't fair I have to keep skipping pages to get away from y'all. And quick leaking your arguments to other threads also.

19. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

*quit

Excuse the misspelling.

20. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

[​IMG]