1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Who should be our starting PG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeacePeace, Oct 26, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who should be the starting PG?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2013.
  1. Patrick Beverley

225 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Jeremy Lin

416 vote(s)
    64.9%
  1. bws

bws Member

Kobe and Jordan were penetrators early in their careers. They developed their mid-range shot more mid career. Harden is 24 so he has time to develop a mid-range shot. Plus, he's in the Rockets where not a lot of players shoot mid-range shots.

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Triangle offense. Scottie.

Good one, a great pass might have the possibility of being intercepted but if it isn't, the probability of it being completed is good; better than a bad shot a lot of times.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why does tweaking the rotation amount to trying to "fix" something that is "broken"? McHale had gone out of his way in saying that Lin had a very good year last season. Evidently he just prefers pairing a high-energy defense guy with Harden rather than another playmaker/scorer.

You say he should stick with what worked OK last year, and if it doesn't work like he wants then change it up. I'd rather he instead go with what he thinks will work best first, and if that doesn't work then try something else. I mean, its a coach's job to get his team to play the way he think gives them the best chance to win.

4. steady

steady Member

Beverley joined the Rockets in mid January. By that time the Rockets had played 38 regular season games, plus some preseason games. Beverley in Europe played in 10 games over that same time frame.

5. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

yellow and blue make green...

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Would love to see AB getting a few minutes with the starters and subs both, as a spot-up 3 threat. Our team has quality depth, and a coach who made the HOF off the bench, so no one should grumble about not starting.

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Interesting concept. Thx.
    True but he started almost every game in his prime. He came off the bench for Larry Legend! Well, you could say Lin comes off the bench for Harden, it's not wrong.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

I remember him subbing in for Cornbread Maxwell. What a luxury.

9. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Nah I don't agree. And to me there's not enough evidence yet that the lineup is any better with Beverley starting over Lin. Both played great in the preseason, I think the spot was Lin's to lose and I don't think he did anything to lose it. I just hope that considering McHale was "flexible" enough to yank Lin from the starting lineup, he will be just as willing to reinsert him should Bev struggle in the starters role.

10. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

This decision was made a long time ago. Mchale's "I've got two starting PG's" is just a political smokescreen.

11. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

But that would make mchale and his staff look bad (ie they made the wrong call), so they'll stick with beverley regardless.

Coaches are human, and they have biases. Mchale has never been high on lin and likely never will be.

12. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Cornbread......um......sounds familiar......

YES!!!
    ~lol~ Is that why he chose that handle!!??? :cool:

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Assuming Beverley starts, I'm sure he will be. Contrary to what a segment of posters on this board think, I highly doubt McHale would jeopardize the team's championship aspirations just to spite Jeremy Lin. Pretty sure keeping his job (i.e., winning) is his highest priority.

14. KlutchQT

Meanwhile, in the real world --

[​IMG]

Good thing these 2 aren't anything like their stans, or else they'd be fist-fighting and hurling insults instead of hanging out. :grin:

15. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Every single nba team passed on Lin. Twice. At least twice. Every single d1 ncaa team passed on lin.

Mchale is not intentionally looking to slight lin. No one has made that claim.

This team, without a starting 4, and with an unclear lineup in the backcourt, is not winning a championship. Get an all star stretch 4, settle the backcourt lineup, and yes, this team will contend for a championship. But not yet.

16. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

I am actually wishing Beverly starts for the Rockets but I'm also kind a hoping he does bad and Jeremy wins his spot back. So Lin can shut all the haters but if he doesn't and both of them plays in the same level, that's good. Go rockets

17. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I'm pretty sure Lin stans and Bev stans get along fine, could be one and the same person. But Lin stans/hyenas is a different story.

18. KlutchQT

Maybe you haven't, but many posters have.

19. KlutchQT

Exactly what I referenced earlier. There will be plenty of alleged "Rockets fans" rooting for Beverley to fail, even at the expense of the team.

20. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Then respond to those comments directly. Don't make some outlandish generalization which makes you look foolish.