1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans release Sam Montgomery, Cierre Wood and Willie Jefferson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 21, 2013.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It has nothing to do with that. Nothing at all. Facts are...

1. It's illegal.
    2. It's a banned drug in the NFL
    3. If you're so incredibly f***ing stupid that you'd be willing to risk a $400,000 a year job fully knowing #s 1 & 2, you don't deserve that job.

Bear in mind that I'm 100% behind legalization. But you know what, my job tests periodically. I make significantly less than the minimum salary in the NFL. Wanna guess what I gave up a long time ago so that I made sure I could provide for my family? It has nothing to do with what the country thinks about pot.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Yep agree on all points

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

More to the point - they weren't smoking a joint at home the Monday evening of bye week, they were smoking a blunt within 24 hours of a game in the team hotel. Pretty disrespectful to the team.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

2 and 3 apply to Cushing on PEDs.

6. leroy

True...and he was punished per league rules. These morons didn't fail a test though. They actually brought it on the plane. Into the hotel. And lit up a blunt the night before the freaking game. Could they seriously not wait until they got home Sunday night? Do that and the worst that can happen is they fail a pee test and end up in the drug program.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Pretty sure steroids are illegal without a prescription, but if you are Cushing its OK. If you are the 53rd guy on the roster not so much.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

JJ Watt could probably walk into Reliant on gameday, blaze up a fatty, blow it in McNair's face and still end up the highest paid defensive player in NFL history next year.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

NO ^^^ . It's illegal to smoke inside Reliant. ;)
    You make great points and did the right thing, leroy420. :p Oops, that's not your nickname anymore...

10. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Agree^

You cannot do this kind of stuff as a fringe player.

11. basketballholic

JJ Watt would be half the player he is if he was toting blunts.

12. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam Montgomery’s release from the Houston Texans was not due to mar1juana use, as has been reported by ESPN.com. The former LSU Tigers star was among three rookies released by Houston for a team violation prior to the game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Following his release, Montgomery voluntarily submitted to an independent drug test in order to provide further proof and evidence that he was not using illegal drugs. The results of those tests came back negative, confirming his statement that he was not using mar1juana or illegal substances.

13. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

15. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I was being sarcastic but I think my point is slightly valid. If these players were worth anything the team would not cut them for drug violations. Can you imagine how many players in the NFL smoke pot? Yes, these players were stupid to risk their jobs. But if they were already established the team would not have released them.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I can't edit my post to make my point clearer... Yes it is illegal and banned in the NFL, but the Texans are not imposing a mandatory suspension on these players. They are incredibly stupid but there are countless players that get away with smoking mar1juana due to lax testing during the season.

18. leroy

I changed my nickname in the hopes that my old one wouldn't be the first thing up when I was searched by prospective employers. Thanks for putting it back out there.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, I guess this means a team will sign Montgomery and he'll go on to be a fringe pro-bowl player in a couple seasons.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]

So it wasnt drugs...most likely women...lots of women....or dudes..."skin cigars" sounds about right....loll