1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sixers waive Royce White

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HMMMHMM, Oct 24, 2013.

1. verysimplejason

Nice move Morey!!!

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

3. verysimplejason

On the other hand, he can just go to China (drug himself to sleep while on plane) and just play there. I'm sure he can continue his playing without worrying of flying or anything else. There are also a lot of chinese girls he can have more kids with. :)

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

#Ohwell

That about sums up how I feel about him at this point. What a disappointment this guy is. He is a fat conman and a crook. Get some real help Royce and stop embarrassing yourself and other people who battle serious mental illness everyday by using your disability as a crutch and an excuse to just be a bad person.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah and third biggest problem... his perception of his talent level....

He was a Boris Diaw to be with hard work and thought he could be close to Lebron and getting by talent alone

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Have to say, this is so f'ed up, he must be more mental than we realize.

9. dragician

dragician Member

Carma iz ay vetch.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You mean the money he is using to pay for his child support??? I have no doubt in my mind that Royce is gonna be some bum i see at the corner of Hilcroft and 59 in the next few years...

We talk about mental illness being a real problem for people. While his illness may prevented him from even having a serviceable career in the NBA, his underlying personality disorder ensured that he will never be able to step on an NBA court again. We will all remember Royce being a busted pick, but no one will care what he does ever again.

One last point...he has made it a real possibility that a college player with noted mental illness will never ever ever get drafted in the NBA.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Hey, I like the guy & wish him the best, but I still crack up every time I see this photoshop I did back in the day:

[​IMG]

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

we're still paying his salary this year ... but glad to know he's not gonna twitter-bomb us again.

fighting with his bosses here smh ... how could he possibly think it could end otherwise?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think they traded him to avoid any type of lawsuit and Hinkie helped them out......

My guess is the league was probably very much involved with how to jettison this loser and protect all the teams and the league from lawsuit.

DD

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

You get an opportunity to play in the NBA but you blow it smh

15. BleedsRocketRed

I think this is what happened...

Royce wasn't waived and his contract used to dump for Howard. Obviously the fear of lawsuits was probably there due to the "feud" between him and management.

Traded to Sixers to offload contract onto a neutral team. Sixers "embrace" Royce with his disorder and offer to help him develop his NBA future.

Royce doesn't fly with Sixers for obvious reasons, but tries and "practices flying"

Royce plays his first NBA preseason minutes and absolutely sucks the entire time.

Now gets cut for performance reasons, absolving the Sixers of any "disability" liabilities because statistical proof exists he sucks more than anyone else on the team. No team is obligated to keep crappy players over better ones. Lawsuit dismissed. Sixers/Rockets win.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Things had the potential to get ugly had the Rockets waived him. He already had the ball rolling for this. Interviews with the media, the publicity, eventually he would have gone the lawsuit route. Rockets would have won but its better to avoid that ugly situation and a distraction altogether.

Sam helped the Rockets out. Sixers went through the motions with him. They gave him a chance to showcase himself but in all likelihood they had already set their mind on cutting him. Sam had seen this time bomb in Houston and you know that "Fool me once........"

Now could Royce try the same media stunt/circus in Philadelphia too? Yes but now his case gets weaker. He had opportunities with two teams and he couldn't make it. Sixers can also say they gave him a fair shot but just didn't like what they saw on the court and how do you file a lawsuit against that?? Even if they did like what they saw from him, like I said, he just isnt worth the headaches he brings.

The situation was handled very gracefully and tactfully by the Rockets and the Sixers.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He was building a case from day one.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“<a href="https://twitter.com/BlakeWest99">@BlakeWest99</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30">@Highway_30</a> aye man even mj got cut before. Then he proved the coaches wrong... you got it..” Very true! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BeWell&amp;src=hash">#BeWell</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/statuses/393530490634133504">October 25, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That's the spirit! #narcissismtroopers

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I said this last year shortly after he want went AWOL. It seemed very obvious at the time.