1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Kevin Durant to Houston? Don't Hold Your Breath

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Oct 23, 2013.

1. playdo

playdo Member

After 2013-14 season, we'll have more clear picture of where OKC and Rockets are. Too early to call I think especially because of salary cap issue but we'll see. Jalen is in the inner circle of NBA so I trust him and his sources.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

just call him Buzzkill Bimathug

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I took issue with the article so I PMed Bima about it. Below is the exchange.

2 people like this.
  4. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Somebody needs to put up a Photoshop of Durant in a Rockets uni

5. BullRider

BullRider Member

Thanks Bimathug but you killed my early morning smile today :grin: I love this team but Harden-Howard-Durant is guarantee title time.

6. BullRider

BullRider Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Impressive photoshop. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Northside_Mike">@Northside_Mike</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans">@clutchfans</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug">@BimaThug</a> I made sure to share it with Jalen. <a href="http://t.co/ghnpfrfIJi">pic.twitter.com/ghnpfrfIJi</a></p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/393074477803646976">October 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

U can also lock in that our uniforms won't be changing in the next 3 years so this picture could just be used for the front page of CF's when it happens

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I doubt your wife knows Jennifer Lawrence, but Harden knows Durant.

9. woket

woket Member

Ding ding ding ... oh wait ... insanity!

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Maybe the Thunder should have thought about that when they could have offered Russell Westbrook to the Magic for Dwight... unless of course Rob Hennigan just liked Arron Afflalo more.

11. basketballholic

That's hilarious.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Wow. Now that I read "my" PMs, I realize that I sound an awful lot like Bane. :grin:

But seriously, abandon all hope. :p

Just kidding. Have GREAT hope in the team we have now, and know that this team can still get a lot better. Just probably not "Kevin Durant better."

13. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Goodbye Parsons

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. thething

thething Contributing Member

Or they could have offered Westbrook to New Orleans for CP3 and offered a package involving Ibaka, Perkins, and picks for Dwight, giving OKC a CP3/Harden/Durant/Howard big 4.

Of course OKC could never afford the payroll these guys would cost.

16. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Could Dwight opt out in the summer of 2016 and take a paycut along with Durant to make it happen? I think this would be a better option than S&T, though maybe even more unlikely.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Assuming that Parsons gets his money (either in 2014 or 2015), then Howard would have to take a HUGE paycut. His cap hold in 2016 (if he opted out) would be a whopping $23.48 million; and he'd have to re-sign at the lower number BEFORE the Rockets could sign Durant. You'd also have to walk away from both Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik in 2015 or only take back one-year deals to take their places.

Highly unlikely.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

BimaThug is part of a well orchestrated plot by the Rockets/OKC to desensitise all the fanbase in both cities, when in reality "THE FIX IS ON". The basketball gods have spoken, and Houston is in line for a "Celtic like Dynasty!

Jalen Rose, the rogue analyst that he is will have none of this and has vowed to expose the truth! We are all part of the matrix and in so can not escape the great events that will occur in Houston in the foreseeable future (championships,parades,prestige,accolades,and envy of the entire known universe)!

[​IMG]

I'm watching you Bima...:cool:

19. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

KD can play PF

[​IMG]

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member