1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose hasn't lost a step

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by liunatic, Oct 17, 2013.

1. liunatic

liunatic Member

Wow. I did not expect him to retain that level of agility after that brutal ACL tear. Almost Adrian Peterson like. My knees hurt for him.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6juMTebCRYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. ln3012

ln3012 Member

AD's injury happened on Dec. 24, 2011. He had surgery six days later. On Sept. 9, 2012 he rushed for 84 yards and two touchdowns in his first game back. Rose looks great after 18 months of rehab.

3. liunatic

liunatic Member

I'm not talking about duration of time to recover. I'm talking about the amount the injury actually slowed them down, which they have not.

I don't recall seeing many players recover so well after blowing out a knee.

4. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

He did it the right way, waited until he was 100% confident in it. Glad he didn't come back early.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Duration of time to recover has everything to do with how much an injury slows you down. So once again 18 months is a ton of time for him to come back stronger then before.

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Rose skipped the on field recovery period most players go through.

7. liunatic

liunatic Member

And I'm glad that he did that :). I'm happy he completely trusts his knee. I'm not disagreeing that it is a long time.

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

But are there any videos of DRose passing?

9. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

He didnt take 18 months to rehab. He was cleared in March. It was more mental after that

10. jameswade718

jameswade718 Member

what people dont understand is that sometimes the mental part of coming back is harder than the actual physical part

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wow thats nice, really hope he comes back and stays at a 100%.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Meh... Not once in his career was he better than Chris Paul.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Instead of rushing back too soon like many guys and not be 100%, he waited. In the meantime, he spent 18 months in the weight room just training. How many players can say they spent that much time just working out and working on their game. He is probably in better physical condition than he has ever been in his career.

I predict he will be a monster.

2 people like this.
  14. manny5alive

manny5alive Member

OOOOO Kill em!

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Today's surgical techniques now can help athletes reach their ideal performance levels. Really its now all about confidence and mental drive. Peterson is just mentally stronger. Rose is not. Infact, the injury crushed him emotionally. His Bulls were supposed to compete for the title during that year's playoffs. And they wouldve been a real threat vs the Heat if Rose was healthy. Rose didnt want to put that same amount of emotional pressure on him to be able to come back and lead a team in the postseason. While controversial, I think Rose made the best decision for himself as an athlete.

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Welcome to Rose University. Hahaha.

Bulls are going to have a fun year this year.

I agree, it seems like Rose hasn't lost a step.

Let's just see if he can go on for 40+ min a game and still dominate.

Getting sick and tired of seeing Miami in the finals every year......

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Almost 2 years later D. Rose hasn't lost a step... hell, he's lost a step from aging more than his knee injury.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

By what measure? I don't see any MVPs in CP3's resume. I also don't see any Conference Final appearances.

19. supdudes

supdudes Member

Yeah it's not like he's Kobe. :p

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This so much. There are so many stories of athletes that have returned too early and simply shortcircuited their careers. Adrian Peterson is the exception, not the rule.

It's one thing to be cleared by doctors, its another thing entirely to be functioning/responding the way you want in the gym, and to have that confidence in the knee to do what you want. Anybody who has sustained any sort of knee injury knows its not easy, and at the elite level (not the ymca level) even a 1% dropoff can mean the difference between a good player and a bad player.

Just look how much Lin struggled with his injury, look at how Rondo, Westbrook, respond. For Rose, who much of hs game is predicated on his explosiveness getting to the basketball, he can damn well do what he wants.