1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one who noticed how much Dwight Struggled?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iku, Oct 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Yep. And it wasn't just one player cutting, it was two players cutting at the same time clogging the lane. That's on coaching.

2. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I think I know what play you guys are talking about, when Parsons and Harden both cut through the post. **** looked sloppy.

There's been barely any time to actually coach though. And it's equally on the players themselves figuring out how to work with a post threat. Their instincts were good but obviously chemistry is off when they are both cutting through the same place at the same time.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Thank you for proving my point pimpn. Howard has always dominated Hilbert. I dont know why some think Hilbert gives Howard problems.

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

who cares though? its preseason..

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Not really, if your looking at the last 2 years or so like you should (because that's when Hibbert became the player he is today) you can see the games have alternated good, bad, good, bad.

It's exciting to see to centers playing good basketball against each other it's not common in the NBA today.

6. iku

iku Member

Did I ever say Dwight is struggling because he didn't score 30, have 15 reb, and 5 blocks?
    If he is having a hard time going 3 on 1, then he should have passed it out instead of trying to power his way through 3 guys and lose the ball.

If you don't want to contribute to the discussion, why bother reading this thread?

7. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Seriously man ... LOFs are ****ting all over half the threads in this forum.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I posted them Howards stats against Hilbert last year. If DH12 would have made his freethrows dude would have scored 25+ a game. He went 7-10 in their 1st meeting last year and missed 9 freethrows out of 12. Then he went 7-17 in the 2nd meeting and missed 5 freethrows out of 11. So yes sir he dominated Hilbert last season in those 2 games while playing injured.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why is Lin being mentioned in this thread. Dont feed the frenzy pimpn..Let it Go!!!!

10. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

I don't think it's Clutchfan's intent to rip Dwight apart for his offensive woes. A great majority of posters are just looking to take what we saw in this pre-season game and analyze it so that we can identify his weaknesses and hope that he work on them en route to a championship :)

There is a difference between simply criticizing a player versus discussing their skill/performance. I am hoping this forum is built on the latter.

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i thought he had an off game. but really once dwight got the ball in the post, the spacing at the floor at times was poor with guys running to the same spots which made doubling him even easier for the pacers exceptional defence, i would like to see us attack west more in the post, he plays at everything and could be easier to get in foul trouble

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Countdown to the "Trade Howard" thread. . . .

13. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

The Pacers were the #1 team at defending against PnR last season. This is probably why on the PnR plays we saw in the last two games Dwight never really had a clear cut to the basket, and also may be way the Rockets offense did not rely as heavily on PnR as you might expect given how good the H&H PnR combo is.

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

We don't need a independent knee jerk thread like this after every game. It's not just you, so please don't take it personally. Things like this can go into the post game analysis thread Clutch starts after every game. I'm just tired of seeing nit picky threads all the time.

Dude is working on his game,working with new teammates, and a new system. It won't be totally smooth and without some bumps. He won't always dominate either. That's just basketball.

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

If only it were...... To bad it's not and you will see that. Just my opinion but there is no need to create a thread for this. Voice it in the post game thread. And yeah, any time he doesn't dominate the "ripping" will come. The expert post players on here will tell us what he should have done. Cause you know, they all have such a great post game... Haha

Look, I'm not trying to start anything with you or anyone else, I just get tired of the redundant threads started so somebody can try to be a GM.

16. dragician

dragician Member

just finished watching the last 2 games. you're damn right, Dwight is really really so dumb.

17. tzou88

tzou88 Member

If Howard can get that little Duncan bank shot down to about 50-60%, we'd be unstoppable.

18. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

The Miami Heat are the number 1 PNR defense...not the Pacers. Pacers were the overall defense

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I agree, I think right now DMo is the better option at pairing with Dwight... he moves without the ball well and his Defense and rebounding has really improved... just need to be more consistent on the 3 pts shot.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Howard averaged 22 and 10.5 vs. Hibberts 10 and 7. Not sure what you're talking about.