1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Dwight Howard: Starting Point Guard Decision "Doesn't Matter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 11, 2013.

1. kcd

kcd Member

I'm saying why do you and others make it a big deal if he defends Lin and not Dwight. I'm not going to tell those that defended Dwight to also defend Lin if they don't want to. I don't think everyone hates Lin, I've seen some long-time posters who like Lin a lot, but they're now being called LOF because they might disagree with others about Lin. Anyways, this has derailed the thread, so I'll stop there.

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

injuries are like the 900 pound gorilla in the corner. No one wants to talk about it and yet if you really think about it, its really our biggest concern. If howard is tender you sit him. I know that's not what anyone wants to hear but this is preseason.

3. kcd

kcd Member

No, he after the first preseason game, I saw some posts where he was touting Bev's defense.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know this is the widely publicized and accepted version of what happened - but do we really know this is what happened? There has also been a lot reported about how hard it is to play with Kobe. Maybe Kobe was the problem all along.

5. kcd

kcd Member

He's not only a Lin fan is what I'm getting at.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Passive aggressive.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I simply pointed out the inconsistency in getting up in arms over one and not the other. Again, nothing is going to satisfy you, so I'm going to let this one go and let you think whatever you want. :)

8. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

so making Asik into Marcin Gortat 2.0 as Dwight insurance is the way to go?

Dwight insurance is a luxury we can't afford, especially when there's a glaring question mark at the PF position, lingering.

9. KlutchQT

Dude, you seem determined to argue with me when there is nothing to argue about! LOL. The question was not whether he was ONLY a Lin fan. Someone posted this:

Do you see that? A Lin fan. Not an LOF. Not only a Lin fan. A Lin fan.

Geez.

10. KlutchQT

"not very skilled, not very good at anything"

And yeah, that was a glowing review. LOL.

11. kcd

kcd Member

Ok last one this...Why though? Others are responding to Dwight diss and not at all to the Lin one. I have no problems with that.

12. kcd

kcd Member

Well, I saw some other ones, I can't search so I can't go back to it. But he was praising his defense and I can't go back to reread it to see if it was real or not.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I like everyone on this team.

If you actually, genuinely hate Jeremy Lin because of his fan base, you're as thick skinned as a wet paper bag.

Regardless of what people think, he has a big role to play on this team given his skill set. Him and Bev work very well together.

To everyone with their panties in a knot;
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he was basically touting Bev as a dirty player which is not true at all

"gets them injured and nicked up"

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

this is the crux of the issue here hikan0049.

'someones bi**tch'
    ??

What is that? is this cesar milan and these are not players but dogs that need to dominate each other?

This is not about alpha dog mentality and I think as I look at this more that it was hugely social and on kobe that howard left. Kobe has such a small penis that he has to go around strutting his stuff and declaring one person my b**** and this whole pecking order stuff. I think howard would tell you the same thing in that theres no pecking order per se. Yeah sure howard and harden are the better players but thats sorrt of obvious. I mean howard is huge and really good inside. I dont think lin is sitting there questioning howards ability to help this team. If anything having strong roles and parts is a key to a bigger than sum of the parts type team. When that happens and ball movement and scoring it becomes something more than a few good players and it becomes special. Not many of those kobe teams were special. It was just 2 good guys playing better than. That 2002 lakers team that barely beat kings was not special for example. Howard and all of us want special. If anything that 2002 kings team was special from the 'team' concept and I love that the rockets are embracing that and I already see it translating on the court. I am seeing good passes and I am seeing them put arms around each other in huddles like a college team does. Sure having 2 good or great players is great but embracing team is taking to the next level. I like that and i think howard liked that about us and harden mchale lin parsons.. all of our team. Thats just something cool about the rockets thats sparked this last year between parsons bev lin harden. Its nice.

I feel like howard is if anything wanting to be around less ego and chest thumping and go in and kick ass. I mean anyone here knows that howard could crush kobe in a fight. While its not about fighting or some kind of weird dominance it's about a team and each player going into the machine making their piece fit.

I think harden is just a cool cat ladies man with the beard. Kind of a unique character if you will. Also this bearded guy beasts on the court and is better now then kobe.

You got the smart asian guy and the other lady killer in parsons. Or you got pouty kobe that keeps trying to show you up and be in some kind of pissing contest.

Which kind of team would you want to play with?

If you dont think emotion and personality played into this you are stupid. Also remember shaq hated kobe too. No one likes kobe and that is the constant. Add to that a pompous guy like dantoni? no thanks.

16. kcd

kcd Member

As I said I can't search, but it was nothing like that. It was positive sounding praise, but perhaps if I reread it again it might be sarcasm, or it might not, but when I first read it, it didn't sound like a diss.

17. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Oh I don't think there are many LOH'ers here. Most of Lin "haters" are LOFH'ers. And probably there are equal the number of LOFHH'ers as well, hence threatening the meaning of the "H-Town" ;)

1 person likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Man... I should have known it. Posting a reasonable opinion by a veteran NBA star in which he praises both of his PG teammates ends up in the same old tired arguments. :( Be well, everybody!

19. KlutchQT

I don't even understand what you're asking at this point. And I'm not trying to be an ass... I'm being honest.

In sum: I like Beverley. I like Jeremy. I like Dwight. I like the rest of the guys on our roster. I root for all of them to do well. I don't rag on any of them. I don't support anybody else doing it either. That's all I can say.

I think we've beat this to death.

20. KlutchQT

ITA. Today is the first day he's mentioned it, so maybe he'll sit him Sunday. Isn't Asik projected to be back by then?