1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Dwight Howard: Starting Point Guard Decision "Doesn't Matter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 11, 2013.

1. alethios

alethios Member

Dwight was injured by Kobe's ego. There's no room in the paint for all 3.

Truthfully, I believe Dwight's in a better place now. He's not being told to stand down by the Black Mamba. I look forward to the first block he delivers on Kobe.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You seem determined to dwell on this and turn it into something it's not, so I'm not certain what to tell you. This is about the best I can do:

1. I like Dwight. I didn't respond to hikanoo bashing him because I'm not in the mood today and honestly, it's not worth it.

2. I like Jeremy. I didn't respond to whoever made the post bashing him because I'm not in the mood today and honestly, it's not worth it.

Do you see how those two things are consistent? If I'd gotten up in arms about hikanoo's Dwight post and then sat silently when the next person bashed Jeremy, you would have a point here. But I didn't. Again, I'm not sure why you're arguing with me over what other people could have/should have done.

I am not obligated to fuss at adults because they posted something I find distasteful on a message board. I find lots of stuff posted on here annoying. Honestly, as a black woman, I've read more than my share of posts on this board with misogynistic undertones, as well as posts with racial undertones -- and even though I sometimes find those downright offensive, I don't always comment.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything I can say that will satisfy you... you seem convinced that anyone outside of the LOF faction dislikes Jeremy, and it's just not true. Not for me, anyway.

1 person likes this.
  3. KlutchQT

Check his post history. LOL.

4. Fighton

Fighton Member

no did not miss it. someone else already responded to that poster so i didn't need to. and btw, responding to him with another hateful post to another one of our own player is ok? that makes sense how?

5. KlutchQT

I addressed this fully in my posts to kcd in this thread. Again, reading before jumping to conclusions can be useful.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if you absolutely hate the 2 best players on/off-court of a successful team, would you consider yourself a true fan of said team?

7. rocketblood713

yea all I got from this that worries me if at all is that hamstring issue that was brought up hope its not anything to worry about

8. Fighton

Fighton Member

what the hell?... sorry went over my head. don't understand what this has to do with anything i posted but whatever.

and can you not like a player on a team (even if that player is one of 2 best players) and still be a fan of the team? of course you can! players come and go but the team is always there (well not always but you get my drift).

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

what was the sample size from last season?

10. redrush

redrush Member

I assume different point guards has different quality thus give you different looks. You can create different chances with different players in different schemes. How can he say he doesn't care who starts? Accepting the role is one thing (And I don't think D-Ho at this point his a role conflict; clearly he is the starter) but the ability of the player and things they can do matters.

11. trock

trock Member

I imagine traveling to Asia, fighting jet lag while training, getting little sleep is going to mess with a big man's body. Hopefully, that's all it is.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

96 shots.

13. vlaurelio

I'm not talking about the one of two best players but the two best players who are currently on a long term contract, franchise players, and are mainly contributing to the success of the team

hint: do you know which 2 players the LOF you are defending hates?

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

This is why it might be a good idea to not trade Asik.

15. Rox23

Rox23 Member

When guys get tired, and overworked, and overplayed, that's often when they get injured. Remember Lowry?

16. kcd

kcd Member

He's said some great things about Bev.

17. KlutchQT

I'm with you. I don't see that happening anytime soon, particularly given Camby's condition. I don't want to be doom and gloom, but wasn't a "sore hamstring" how Nash's downtime started last year?

::tries to go back to not worrying::

18. vlaurelio

Comparing him to rondo. Your sarcasm meter must be broken

19. KlutchQT

His question was, "How do you know he's a Lin fan?" I responded that his post history indicates he is -- and it does.

Saying nice things about Beverley doesn't negate the fact that he is a Lin fan... not sure of your point here. :confused:

20. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

lol, shut up Dwight, you wouldn't be saying this if you were the one relegated to the bench.

you can come off and sound diplomatic if you want, but don't speak for others when you're the one who's clearly at the top of the food chain.
    Asik more than anyone is feeling the effects of your arrival.

this is the reality, and more likely what every player is thinking,

"of course i want to start. of course i want to finish. it does matter, but at the same time the bigger picture is buying in and doing what is required of me so that we can win a championship."

this is the mission.

#80 Vpballa916, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013