1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. gengar

gengar Member

Wow..you're criticizing Mchale..you must be a LOF! Oh wait..your join date is 2009...this doesn't make sense...

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

No, Pops "benched" Ginobli midway through the season.

I'm sure had McHale done the same, the reaction would be even worse than it is now.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

McHale is not a championship caliber coach. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.

Nothing that he has done so far in his coaching career seems to suggest that he is ready to take us to the championship. He is lucky that due to the brilliance of Morey, he has inherited two of the top 7 players in the NBA. We are in WIN NOW mode and this season should be the deal breaker. Either he proves it or he gets the sack.

I can't remember McHale developing a single player. He was brought in to develop the post games of the likes of PPat but failed to do so. Even the minimal improvement that DMO has shown is due to his hard work and work with the dream. Poor coach when it comes to in game substitutions, X's and O's etc. Overall, he still has a lot to prove.

1 person likes this.
  4. gengar

gengar Member

Agree with the above. Don't forget last season, he placed all the blame on the players and never on himself. Add on to the fact that he called out Lin for getting a lot of points in a public interview. Way to go for trusting your players and developing them

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Exactly. I'm not a big fan of McHale in general, but this is a one-star thread.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a post of real Rockets fan

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. Last years team was not a championship caliber team

2. Oh yeah, developing players, like Phil Jackson does..

8. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Doesn't matter for now. He's a big reason we got Howard, who can get us a championship. He's the figurehead and leader, not the strategist.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

If your head coach isn't the strategist, who the bleep is? Finch, whose biggest achievement so far is developing D-League championship teams?

10. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

so taking one of the youngest teams IN THE LEAGUE to the playoffs really isn't good enough for you so called "fans". lets see here Lin didn't even have a whole year under his belt...
    james harden went from 16.5 ppg to 25.9 in his FIRST year of being the top dog....
    Omer asik went from 3.1 ppg and 5 rebounds playing 14 minutes a game to playing 30 and averaging a double double....
    beverly comes here from overseas mid-season and develops to be a big player for us in the playoffs...
    but he is a terrible coach and develops no one haha you people make me laugh and btw when have you ever heard McHale take credit for a win? haters act like he blames players for losses and strokes himself off when they get a win...nope actually he gives credit to the players when they win but lets not focus on that at all lets look at everything negative we can and ruin CF's for the people who really do care about the rockets not a single player.

11. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Yes it is Finch. And Sampson's responsible for the defense. There's a reason why the FO picked the assistant coaches for McHale; there are no coaches' sons on this bench. We use the d-league to develop coaches as well as players. As you can tell by by not just Finch but his successor being called up to the NBA.

12. torocan

torocan Member

As said above, it's always been Finch and Sampson.

Even in Minnesota it wasn't McHale. McHale never drew up the plays, or even ran the practices. That was all his assistant coaches.

If you read the earlier posts in the thread, you'll see more than enough discussion of McHale's shortcomings as an X's and O's guy as well as his minutes management and play calling.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why this thread is even being taken seriously, the "Fire McHale" people aren't any more intelligent this year than they were last year. Just let them have this thread to post their craziness and leave them alone.

14. Ultimate6thMan

I'm going to try my best (after this post) to stay out of this thread until at least midseason!

I pray I am able to do so.

15. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

torocan when Mchale became coach of the t-wolves in 04-05 they were 25-26 and with Mchale they went 19-12 but of course that had nothing to do with him your sooooo right.

16. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

though i'm not a McHale believer, he has never had the championship talent to work with--in Houston. Now that he does have some of those pieces, his leash should be shorter, and he will have little excuse for not being successful.

Anything less than the 2nd round of the playoffs will be a complete failure. now if we make a major trade to fill in the gap at the 4 position, even more will be expected out of this team and McHale.

17. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

I'm glad we have an 'Official' thread calling for the 'firing' of a man who's delivered really well on his job thus far. It's important. IT REALLY IS.

2 people like this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I have been trying to hold off of replying in this thread because I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but now that I've read 4,196 posts, I'm ready to give my opinion.

Firing McHale would be stupid at this juncture.

19. JBar

JBar Rookie

Now that made me laugh. (And also make my first post on this thread.)

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Guys don't try to be like the Lakers and pull a Mike Brown.:rolleyes:Let the season play out and let McHale do his thing. Things will work itself out eventually.