1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Simple these paid good $$ to watch a exhibition game which dorsn't really matter . No wonder theere were so manu empty seats in the last game . Ponoy lin supporters must have tore up thier tickets in disgust.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yeah, they tore it up because Lin didn't start the game.

I saw it myself, a lot of the fans said "I don't care if Lin plays the same number of minutes, if he isn't starting I'm tearing this ticket in protest of McHale".

Apparently, even the lord knew about McHale's plans, because he made it rain so hard that fans had trouble arriving to the arena on time so they wouldn't have to watch this disgusting crime against humanity.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There was near-monsoon conditions outside the arena, in case you didn't hear.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

Manila != Taiwan. Fans there are fans of the NBA in general. I don't get why people don't understand that.

Lin is starting in Taiwan, so the point is moot for that.

5. redrush

redrush Member

seems like McHale doesn't possess quite the touch on handling PG then Bigs. First with lowry. And it was very strange to see neither of the point guards (lowry and Dragic) was eager to play for McHale or return to play for him. McHale has a very specific idea of what a PG is (Pass the damn ball and play D) which fits Bev. That is not saying much about Bev as a player but instead it reflects on the coach that he fail to make it work.

1 person likes this.
  6. jayland

jayland Member

Beverly played almost at an All Star level as a starter. Lin was average off the bench like he was average as a starter. It looks like the first unit is much better with Beverly in the lineup. Lin would make a very good second unit point guard if not for his bloated contract.

7. lfw

lfw Rookie

It will be interesting when McHale and Lin get interviewed by the media horde in Taiwan. lol

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

He's probably mad at Magic and Isiah for taking a few rings from him. Wants more of a Dennis Johnson.

9. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

lol are u a programmer?

10. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I don't really care if Lin starts or not hehe just trying to argue the point that lin is not popular in Philippines...

The thing is he is popular... but the basketball fans in the philippines are mature enough to know that it is ok...

even if it was kobe who did not start the game... philippine fans will not riot over it :D

11. redrush

redrush Member

Agree. he prefers PG that doesn't dictate the offense as he prefer the big man takes on that role. In the 2008-2009 season none of his Point gaurd (Bobby Brown/Telfair/Kevin Ollie) has average over 5 ast through the season. That's not encouraging at all. The reason why that is because the bigs are dictating the offense and creating his own basket instead of working through the point guard to feed the bigs for easy basket.

Also Dwight howard doesn't have the post up skill to be rely on compare to players like Greg Monroe or a Roy Hibbert. Even Shaq has a go to jump hook that is dependable. I have trouble seeing the offense be run through a big that doesn't have a go to move. Dwight has to be the defensive player of the year just to make up for the ugly shots he is gonna throw up (10ft jump hooks are not dependable at least not for D ho)

12. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

LMAO BEVERLY ALL STAR LEVEL

1 person likes this.
  13. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Whoah there, Just tell us if you have problems watching any rocket games, we can provide you a link to watch...

14. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Lmao right? Give me some of what ever that Guys been smokin.

15. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Priceless. And hello from SG.

16. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Oh Hello! Glad to see another Rocket fan in SG, we are so rare lol!

17. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Yup yup, most of the peeps i know are Fa..i mean Laker, and Heat Fans.

18. Jinstikal

Jinstikal Member

Bottom line, Lin will start come regular season because he is better complete player than Beverly. If you guys watched the first quarter , Bev was only playing average defense and never was really involved with the offense much. Reason was Bev try to conserve energy, but he did play a lot better defense in the 3rd quarter. Bev's +18 +\- is very deceptive , all he did was stand around n pass inside to Howard or to the wing to harden. Love both Bev and Lin , but our starting PG is very obviously who it is and that is Lin. Plus the 3 guard rotation of Harden, Lin and Bev will have plenty of minutes to spread around.

- Jin

1 person likes this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Lin fans having a fit about a preseason game.

Cue Iverson...

We talkin bout PRE season. The PRE season, not a real game. Not a real regular season game. We talkin bout PRE season. C'mon man. PRE season.

20. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I was about to use the same quote in response to people saying Bev played at near All Star levels. LMAO!!!