1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I am in total agreement.

2. Fighton

Fighton Member

actually think it'd be more of an insult to play lin just to appease others.

3. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

chill out, Lin is still on this team and he will contribute the best way the coach sees--fit.

whether he's starting or coming in as the 6th man.

4. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin haters are out in force too.

5. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

The REAL question is not who's starting, but who's finishing.

Beverley fits with the 1st unit nicely, Lin orchestrate the 2nd unit wonderfully, but when it's the 4th quarter and the game is on the line....

Who gets to finish the game?????

This is such a tough call. I am a LOF, but Bevereley's defense is downright elite. There's just no easy answer to this.

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I totally agree. It would be an insult.

7. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Can't a person care about both, and be conflicted.

8. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

actually I think it would be an insult to start Beverley in Taiwan just to appease his fans here on clutchfans streaming in on illegal sites ...

just kidding

my take, just make a decision by game 1 of the season and stick with it for at least 20 games and see if it works. Before that, do whatever you want until the last 2-3 preseason games, when we need to work on actual game day rotations and chemistry more.

9. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

Spiegel also doesn't care much about the Rockets or Beverley. Just LOFs and Lin. He loves them. Breathes them for breakfast.

1 person likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah nope, there isn't another fanbase in this entire galaxy that would freak out this much over one meaningless preseason game where their idol played just as many minutes as the starter and performed really well and will be starting next game because the coach is just experimenting.

Nothing makes sense

11. Cypress

Cypress Member

Gotta get my laughs in haven't seen this much excitement in awhile.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is what some fans of Lin aren't seeing. Lin will always shine in that bench role when there is a PG next to him. He could be like James Harden in that role off the bench. I have been saying all along that Lin is a SG being forced to play PG(for whatever reason). As you can see it benefits the team to have him in his natural SG role.
    If they were to keep the line-ups like they were today for the season, Jeremy would easily average 15+ pts, 6+ assts a game and play better defense. An improvement from last season, correct? Most of all, the team would benefit greatly. Is this not what you want??:confused:

13. trock

trock Member

Huh? So, in your mind, Lin should come off the bench and play SG? Next to who? Brooks? Bev? Two guys that need to have a playmaker next to them?

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I missed the game, but this would be my starting five. :grin:

15. fuey

fuey New Member

Don't know why everyone has their panties in a bunch. I've been following Clutchfans since Yao Ming (yep I'm asian :grin:) and I want to see Lin succeed as much as anyone....heck I'm even going to go see a screening of Linsanity tonight. I've never felt the need to post until this Bev vs. Lin nonsense erupted.....especially after the game in the Philippines.

Everyone needs to stop being so emotional about McHale's decisions and look at it from a basketball perspective. I've coached basketball and have had asian players. I've had them come off the bench to much success because it was the right move for the team. I didn't start them to appease my friends and family in the stands who said "start your asian player! You're asian toO!" I wanted to win....period.

Face it....Lin does best coming off the bench. The second unit needs a facilitator and Lin is exactly that. He makes a 2nd unit play like starters like what he did during Linsanity. That is a deadly combination to have a starting lineup with Harden, Howard, Parsons then to have a 2nd unit that can match!

The ultimate accomplishment in my eyes would NOT be for Lin to be a "starter." It would be for Lin to play a crucial role on a team that wins a championship.....like everyone has said already the 6th man is so important on a championship team. And again, McHale is just experimenting. He's wanting to win a championship and if it means that Lin comes off the bench as the 6th man then so be it. The best thing for his career and the solidification of what he's already done for Asian-American pro ballers is to win a ring, whether as a starter or as a 6th man.

Look at it from a basketball perspective please and with some common sense....you're just embarrassing yourself and people who just love the game of basketball.

Cue irrational LOF comments........now :cool: ........

2 people like this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Either way(Bev/Brooks) you have two players(Bev/Lin)(Brooks/Lin) who can bring the ball up the floor. I was hoping they could give Canaan some more burn before the season starts to avoid sending him to D-league, but that looks inevitable.
    I read earlier that the Brooks, Lin, Brewer, Casspi, D-Mo line-up work out well offensively and defensively. Most of that, IMO, was due to having Jeremy at SG.

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

I assume that many of the posters on here are either women or very immature children. Who gives a crap who starts, who gets more minutes, who finishes, etc.!! I Are you all related to these guys? Are you their boyfriend's or girlfriends, moms or dads? Does your paycheck get affected by the decisions the coaches make? I can tell you that the answer to all if these questions is NO! Every last one of you need to STFU and get a grip!!

All that matters is that the Rockets win and the team plays well and doesn't get injured. Nothing else matters.

Y'all are ruining this website with your blatant stupidity!! Stop it!!

18. 34to11

34to11 Member

Have you started telling then?

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's pretty ironic; one of the smartest and most humble players in the league has the most idiotic and delusional fans. They can't even be happy that Lin played well just because he didn't start. Joke fan base. Hopefully, Clutch clips most of these idiots before the season starts

20. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Just finished watching the game and I noticed that Jeremy Lin didn't start. I was like I bet all the LOF's will be coming out in full force. I am already seeing McFail used. *Sigh*

I personally don't think its a bad experiment. Because our bench gave away the last game and Jeremy provides some much needed firepower off the bench.