1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IKEA or Death Metal Band?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by getsmartnow, Oct 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

16 f wit me brah

3. hairyme

hairyme Member

I shop at IKEA too much AND I listen to metal; though, I only recognized about 2 bands on that list...

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

16/20 - i listen to alot of black metal so i figured i would do better, but they went super-obscure for this list...i havent even heard of half of those bands.

i have seen 2 of those bands live - watain is badass - they have rotting goat heads on spikes that are slow roasting above candles so the whole room ends up smelling like rotting meat and burnt hair. they also have a satanic altar set up on stage. and absu is from denton - they are pretty intense too.

listening to nortt now...this s*** if evil!

5. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Complete guesses and got 15

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm trying to understand how that can possibly be seen as a good time......

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Game isn't working for me for some reason. Stupid IE on my work computer.

But let's not confuse Death Metal and Black Metal. [troll]One genre can be great, and the other is Black Metal.[/troll]

8. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

10/20

I've never been to Ikea and I don't listen to metal. I think those were my 2 main problems.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I got 16... I've never heard of any of the bands but have been to ikea enough to make some good guesses.

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

18 of 20

My wife is Swedish so I know enough Swedish that I can tell what is what. Usually the band names are not Swedish or they look like words that would be a death metal band.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Lived in Sweden as a child for a second. That didn't help at all, but I thought I'd share.

17/20. Guessed.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I got 10 of 20 (either way). Didn't know ANY of the answers at all. :grin: Fun stuff.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I'm with you. No freaking thank you.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Worked on my phone.

To clarify: NONE OF THE BANDS IN THIS QUIZ WERE DEATH METAL BANDS.

They were all black metal or some variant of black metal.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

14/20.

Does anyone care what nuance there might be between Black Metal and Death Metal?

18. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

You scored 16 out of 20!
    Congrats you are...
    True Kvlt.

Either you work at IKEA or you played drums for Bathory, because your knowledge is at the level of dare we say it, the cloven hooved one himself. That’s right, we’re talking about Ingvar Kamprad. We’re almost afraid to ask you to peep out our agency site. But please do, oh dark master.

We bow to you, Your friends at Gatesman+Dave.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Metal heads do, most of the time. Go to any metal forum and you'll see the Death v Black metal debates.

As someone who likes death metal, I don't really like to be lumped in with black metal. Without going into detail about how the music is different, I'll just say that at the last death metal concert I went to, I talked to two guys who teach music at nearby universities. At black metal concerts, the band wears makeup, fake blood, stupid costumes, and have goat heads on sticks. The difference is more than a nuance.

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

black metal shows provide more bang for your buck. you not only hear and see them, but you also smell them.

one of the most infamous performances was by GORGOROTH - this one got them banned from poland...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lty4o-LktNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yup.

i do. i dont listen to death metal, but love me some black metal. black metal is way more evil and badass.

probably the main difference is death metal tends to do that low-end growl/grunt thing while black metal is more higher pitched screaming and tortured sounding. there is a certain kind of macho/dude-bro thing going on in death metal whilst black metal is super anti-social and nihilistic.

death metal is way more technical as far as playing and song arrangements while black metal is more about creating an atmosphere. it is kind of punk rock in that they celebrate non-technical playing. black metal bands also go out of their way to achieve a very low-fi (crappy) sound on their recordings. they intentionally use bad mics and broken equipment. death metal is generally much faster with double bass drum and palm-muting technique on the guitars. black metal can do that, but there is much more. its almost like psychedellic death metal. i listen to alot of shoegazer music, and black metal can achieve that same aesthetic too. black metal is just way more evil.

and as haymitch said, black metal bands have much cooler stage presence with all the sweet makeup, awesome costumes, satanism and rotting animal parts. black metal bands will also take their clothes and bury them for a few months to make it look like they are dead. plus most black metal bands are neo-nazis, which is not so cool, but pretty evil.

and many of these bands not only walked the walk, but they talked the talk. they would burn down christian churches that were 100's of years old and desecrate christian graves. these guys are all into nordic religion and paganism and claim that since christianity came in and destroyed their ancestors religion that they would do the same to christianity.

the singer of mayhem, "dead", blew his head off with a shotgun. the other band members found him and took a picture which became their next album cover, then they ate pieces of his brain and made necklaces out of pieces of his skull. then the leader of burzum, "count grishnackh" murdered the guitar player of mayhem, "euronymous" by stabbing him about a dozen times...his reasons for doing so were three-fold...
    1) euronymous had threatened to kill him
    2) euronymous owed him money
    3) euronymous was a poser who was not really evil