1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Obamacare Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

it would be free and affordable to all if it were single-payer.

Instead, we'll have to settle for affordable to the taxpayer: who has had to front up extraordinary amounts of money for emergency room care.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Anonymous post from website lacking important details, credible.

3. Major

Major Member

Good thing none of this is true. The website doesn't deal with penalties, and there's no suspension of drivers' licenses or things like that. And, of course, deductibles are round numbers. It's amusing that opponents are down to outright making things up to make their case against it now. And that people like basso and bigtexxx are gullible enough to fall for it. It makes you wonder how they can hate something so much when they don't even know the most basic information about it.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Buck Turgidson

So that's a forwarded/blogged screencap of a smartphone of an alleged quote from the comment section of some ephemeral "obamacare website" with no link or anything?

That's truly pathetic, really truly pathetic, even for you basso.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You know what really sucks about this law? My cousin now has insurance for the first time in his life after being denied since 2008 since he has Cystic Fibrosis. What kind of country do we live in. :(

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Same with some of my poor actor friends. Some in their mid 50s. They are down right giddy that they now can get affordable insurance that cannot be denied because of pre-existing conditions.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

There are issues, as profiled in a good article by the Christian Science Monitor recently. Some people who are fairly comfortable $-wise are de-enrolled from their cheap, high-deductible insurance and offered more expensive packages.

It makes sense, as the money has to come from somewhere, but it must still really suck for them. Perhaps when the full marketplace comes to fruition, they'll be able to get back closer to their normal rates.

I hate to feed the rapid (edit: LOL rapid, yes, but I meant rabid) trolls around here, but we all need to understand the full spectrum of what's happening.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So you're in favor of wealth re-distribution? Is that your point?

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Awwww, that didn't take long, did it?

I'm merely sharing information for the few sincere members of this forum. You should try it sometime! Have a NICE day! :)

11. bigtexxx

San Francisco Obama supporters: I Was Laughing at Boehner -- Until the Mail Came Today

Sticker shock over Obamacare has arrived in San Francisco. Now that Obamacare exchanges are live (or are they?) people looking for health care are getting quite a surprise. And it's not just limited to those looking for exchanges, other people who already have health insurance are experiencing some eye opening.

Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.
    Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

With the new requirements imposed on health insurance policies, the San Franciscans are learning first hand that EX NIHILO NIHIL FIT: out of nothing, comes nothing. Ergo, someone is going to have to pay for expanded insurance coverage.

But people with no pre-existing conditions like Vinson, a 60-year-old retired teacher, and Waschura, a 52-year-old self-employed engineer, are making up the difference.

"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today,"
    Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."
    Read the whole article, my favorite part is this:
    "Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/...Laughing-at-Boehner-Until-the-Mail-Came-Today

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We are becoming a more Muslim Communist country everyday. I demand freedom so people are free to die. I knew Obama was up to something.

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

So the provider they use now jacked up their rates and blamed it on Obamacare, probably hoping they just pay it and don't look on the exchange for something, you know, more affordable. Also, I'm shocked neither you nor Breitbart furnished us with other paragraphs from that same story by the San Jose Mercury News:

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Post #717 in the Obamacare thread ;)

15. mc mark

Hey!

Alright Mr. Kasich!

Ohio's GOP Governor May Adopt Obamacare Via Executive Order

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) is considering accepting Obamacare's Medicaid expansion in his state via executive order, his office confirmed to TPM, after the state legislature stymied his efforts earlier this year.

The possibility was first reported by the Columbus Dispatch. “We continue to explore all our options and just want to get this done," Kasich spokesman Robert Nichols told TPM in an email Wednesday.

Medicaid expansion would cover roughly 275,000 additional Ohioans.

As the numbers grow, you will not stop it. Healthcare for all is here. Welcome to the civilized world America!

#155 mc mark, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  16. mc mark

Wonder if Speaker Boehner (R OH) is talking to his Governor this evening?

17. bigtexxx

Government efficiency at its worst. Obamacare website cost more than facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. And doesn't even work.

We paid $634 million for the Obamacare sites and all we got was this lousy 404
    By Andrew Couts — October 8, 2013

http://www.digitaltrends.com/opinion/obamacare-healthcare-gov-website-cost/

Obamacare-sites-404
    It’s been one full week since the flagship technology portion of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) went live. And since that time, the befuddled beast that is Healthcare.gov has shutdown, crapped out, stalled, and mis-loaded so consistently that its track record for failure is challenged only by Congress.

The site itself, which apparently underwent major code renovations over the weekend, still rejects user logins, fails to load drop-down menus and other crucial components for users that successfully gain entrance, and otherwise prevents uninsured Americans in the 36 states it serves from purchasing healthcare at competitive rates – Healthcare.gov’s primary purpose. The site is so busted that, as of a couple days ago, the number of people that successfully purchased healthcare through it was in the “single digits,” according to the Washington Post.

We, the taxpayers, seem to have forked up more than $634 million of the federal purse to build the digital equivalent of a rock.
    The reason for this nationwide headache apparently stems from poorly written code, which buckled under the heavy influx of traffic that its engineers and administrators should have seen coming. But the fact that Healthcare.gov can’t do the one job it was built to do isn’t the most infuriating part of this debacle – it’s that we, the taxpayers, seem to have forked up more than $634 million of the federal purse to build the digital equivalent of a rock.

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

That's OK, your parents forked over the price of a Rice education and ended up with a son whose brain has roughly the same intellectual capacity as a rock.

19. bigtexxx

When you have to resort to insults, you've lost any argument among adults.

Time to elevate your posting. You can do it.

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I didn't have to resort to the insult, but you have certainly earned it.

Time to elevate your intellectual honesty. You can do it (or perhaps I am giving you too much credit).