1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Lin needs to be the sixth man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iam, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

How many times is this same discussion going to come up?
    Over and over I keep seeing it.
    I think you want your best players on the floor playing the most minutes and you want your best play maker in the game with the starters. Harden would be a great sixth man and really bring a scoring punch in off of the bench. That would be a stupid move right?

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I get the tired argument part, but you know damn well the bolded part is not an equal comparison to Lin.

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

yea the way he drives .... lol falling on his back . If he does does that all night , we are going to be forced to play AB soon as backup. I rather he plays a role in controlling the pace of the game, and helping to the initiate offense. shoot 3s. Lin is no Harden, he cannot iso all night.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Fanbois is a totally valid term for someone who is a biased fan of something, if you are not familiar with the term, you might want to check the gamer subculture.

aint nobody EVER said I have to say things I dont believe to be a moderator, both of those last two statements you highlighted are MY opinion. Am I not allowed to have an opinion?

Listen, let me lay it out for you.

The Clutch Crew is here to ensure that board standards are followed and the forum remains the premier place for Rockets info....if you dont like the way we run things here.....LEAVE.
    Honestly, I do not care if you are here or not and I can assure you that with the attitude you have towards people who dont worship your idol, I doubt Clutch would care either.

btw....what I wrote does not say the things you think they say...you took two of my statements out of context to try to make me look unreasonable.....do it again and Ill negrep your stupid ass.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Knickskiller who started every game last season at PG. And who started the 1st preseason game at PG...LOL Exactly Lin did..bwhahahahaha

Man you have posters/bloggers on here pointing out Bev was with the starters on that lil vid someone posted before the 1st pre-season game. (But Lin started). Now Bev out there with the starters before the game against Indy.

I love it mayne.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

bwhahahahaha

Harden was the 6th man of the year his last season in OKC..hahahaah

7. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Isn't everyone on a Rockets board a biased fans of something Rockets related? Picking a subgroup and calling them fanbois seems a bit pointed in that context.

1 person likes this.
  8. kcd

kcd Member

And not very civil.

9. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Way to be a dick.

10. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I chose that phrase carefully because I'm trying to not be inflammatory with my words. It is possible to have a respectful conversation with a reasonable person, but it is pointless to pretend you are trying to do that when you are poking them with a stick.

11. kastuul

kastuul Member

If Harden comes off the bench, he will be the best sixth man (again).

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Pimp wait until the season starts..Oh boi.LOL it can get crazy in here real quick.

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

In what world is Harden coming off the bench? Clutch would start using the word McFail.

14. kumakun

kumakun Member

Harden was 6th man of the yeat
    r at OKC so we know he could be but he doesnt want to for max money. Bev is 6th man because hes being paid crap money. If he was a max player he wouldnt be 6th man either.

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

That's where the "reasonable person" part comes in. The wonderful thing about the internet is you can just stop talking to the unreasonable ones.

16. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

What does money have to do with it? We're trying to win the games. Lin or Beverley is an argument sane people can have, but Harden makes no sense at all. What are you going to do, wait 2 minutes then bring him into the game? It would be a meaningless change just to be able to call him a 6th man.

17. LOK

LOK Member

no way, i don't care what people say about lin with the 2nd unit blah blah, i'd rather have lin start with the starters like he is right now. they probably spent all summer building chemistry as well

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

So your need is so urgent that you can't post it in this thread instead?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=244791

You have attracted the attention of the Gestapo and the mob, you know? Unless it's your intention, hopefully next time you could post it in other threads; unless, of course, your ardent desire wouldn't allow you to do so.

Congradz Bev for having so many fanbois......or is he merely a beneficiary of the phenomenon of ABJness?

Just when I thought people in the Shire are content and peaceful after the good tidings of Howard and Dream, the dark cloud has come back.

And Jack isn't much of a passer, more like instant shooting off the bench.

1 person likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Once again. Not only should he be the 6th man, he should back up Harden.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah. With 2 of the top wing players in the entire league in front of him.

Lin isn't even remotely close to the talent Harden is and moving him to the bench is NOTHING like moving Harden to the bench on THIS team