1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: Range Rover runs over bikers.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If you look at the video in the beginning it looks like the biker he bumped came up beside him after he honked. Then the trouble began with the cutoff and brake-check. I wonder what the law is in NY if you fear for your life. {edit} NY law states that you have a duty to retreat law unless you are in your home, but would you consider his gassing it a retreat? He was surrounded.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/0...iversary-with-wife-child-left-for-dead-after/

A New York City man who was out driving Sunday celebrating his first wedding anniversary with his wife and 2-year-old daughter was brutally beaten by members of a motorcycle gang in front of his horrified family after a high-speed chase.

Police said Tuesday morning it remains unclear what caused the confrontation that led to the assault on Alexian Lien. Lien, 33, was left bloodied and had to be hospitalized. But investigators are studying a 6-minute helmet-cam video that shows part of the chase and cuts off just before Lien is pulled out of his luxury SUV and beaten by the mob, The New York Post reported.

NYPD confirmed that there has been one arrest. Christopher Cruz, 28, was charged with reckless endangerment, menacing, reckless driving and acting in a manner injurious to a child less than 17.

Lien’s first encounter with the bikers shows a group of them taking off their helmets and denting the side of Lien’s SUV, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told The Post. A few other riders slashed the tires. Lien apparently panicked and stepped on the gas. He was surrounded at the time and slammed into a few of the riders, the report said.

Some bikers stayed behind to tend to their fallen comrades, but others chased Lien’s SUV.

“He feared for his life and the lives of his wife and daughter,” a police source told The Post.

The bikers, about 30 or so, chased Lien more than 50 blocks on the West Side Highway, which was recorded on a 6-plus-minute video later posted on YouTube. Lien, however, was driving with damaged tires and was forced to turn off at W. 178th St. in Washington Heights, where the assault occurred, the report said.

One biker was seen on the video ripping off his helmet and using it to bash in Lien’s driver’s-side window. The crew then pulled Lien from the SUV and beat him on the pavement in front of his wife, Rosalyn Ng, and their 2-year-old daughter, police sources told The New York Post.

“They went up on the sidewalk. It was just so many of them that they took up the whole street,” one witness told The Daily News.

Lien, who is reportedly the director of the e-commerce firm Skrill.com, was rushed to Columbia University Medical Center, where he received stitches to his face and chest and had two black eyes, the report said. Jeremiah Mieses, one of the motorcycle riders struck by Lien, may be left a paraplegic, the report said.

“My son just got out of surgery. Now we have to contend with his situation that he will never walk again,” the injured man’s father, Rev. Edwin Mieses posted on Facebook, The Daily News reported.

“This man needs to know he hurt someone,” Jeremiah Mieses' wife Dayana Mieses told Boston.CBSLocal.com. “That man paralyzed my husband. He needs to pay for what he did.”

Dayana Mieses told the station that her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.

#81 ArtV, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

If more people had guns wouldn't it be just as likely that the bikers would have guns as well? Is a situation like this ending in a gun fight really better than what happened? It's bad enough the guy got beat up, I don't see how having his wife and kid getting hit by a stray bullet is more desirable.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Ohhh waahh waaahhh, your husband/son shouldn't have been involved in this ignorant **** in the first place. He'll still get to ride on two wheels, just not nearly as fast or recklessly. He can probably even still do wheelies in his wheel chair though with some practice. Douche bag.

Karma is a b****.

2 people like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"Jeremiah Mieses, one of the motorcycle riders struck by Lien, may be left a paraplegic, the report said."

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope a lot of this stand you ground attitude on here is just Internet machismo because if it isn't you will get yourselves or family members killed.

Nothing wrong with walking away.

6. LonghornFan

Beep Beep Beep!

"What is, something Jeremiah Douche Mieses will not be able to do ever again for $1000, Alex?"

BTW- How does one walk away from dozens of motorcycle's that are much faster than your vehicle, and they're chasing you after slashing your tires and kicking in your doors? All for a little tap of the horn?

Karma pays back it debts.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Seriously, these bikers should be grateful for their lives. He could have easily been swerving to get the bikers off his tail and injured many more of them. It would have been justified, too.

I hope they arrest more of those savages.

1 person likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

LITERALLY the only way the driver of the Range Rover could "walk away" was by running over the bikers. So he actually followed your advice.

9. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

I hate to see people paralyzed and I have sympathy for his family. However, he brought this to himself when he tried to get in front of an SUV and attacked a driver who is defending himself and his family.

1 person likes this.
  10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So the idiot, Christopher Cruz, in the white shirt and bike, who clearly provoked the Range Rover by entering his lane, getting close to it, and brake checking him, causing the Range Rover to bump him, was arrested. Unfortunately, he wasn't the one injured and might end up paralyzed. Reports say that Mieses (the injured biker) was a bystander, although who knows if he was provoking the Range Rover, too, or just a guy in the wrong place, wrong time.

The family of Mieses thinks Lien, the driver of the Range Rover, should be held accountable. That's BS. If anything, they should blame the organizers of the event, who did not try to enforce a lawful ride, evidenced by allowing many bikers to ride without a license (and heck, may have even promoted that and encouraged illegal stunts), Cruz who instigated the attack, and others when they are found.

Also, another clarification: early reports said Alexian Lien's child in the SUV was 5 months old, but it was a 2-year old daughter.

Here's another good article: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...wild-upper-manhattan-attack-article-1.1472419.

Pictures:

Jeremiah Mieses, the injured biker bystander.
    [​IMG]

Jeremiah Mieses, at the hospital. Warning: Graphic
    [​IMG]

Alexian Lien, the victim, unconscious on the ground after being attacked.
    [​IMG]

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, definitely not sad to see the bikers get injured.

They are lucky that Lien didnt swerve around and hurt more of them.

You screw with people and make them fear for their life and the lives of their family, you deserve any retaliation that comes back at you.

1 person likes this.
  12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

BIKER BOYZZZ are like cigarettes, the only reason you do it is to look cool because in real life these guys are some of the most self conscious wannabe douche-bags on the planet.

Real tough guys beating up a small family man.

I wish all the worst for BIKER BOYZZZ and their trying so hard to be cool loser ways.

#92 Joshfast, Oct 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

It sucks the driver will probably get sued when he did nothing wrong.

14. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

**** the bikers

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If I had my family in the car I would have just pulled to the side and let them pass. That way no one loses.

#95 REEKO_HTOWN, Oct 1, 2013
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He was trying to get away. He should have never been surrounded like that in the first place. It's not "Internet machismo" to say that you too would try to drive away to safety when 30+ men threaten your family.

Now I on the other hand would have gone into Ip Man mode, but that's just me.

1 person likes this.
  17. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Jeremiah Mieses should sue the biker in the white shirt and black vest who caused the accident in the first place. Mieses wouldn't have gotten run over if it wasn't for the biker who caused the accident. The SUV had no choice but to get away after the bikers started surrounding his car and slashing his tires.

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

He did pull over to the side. They then surrounded his car and slashed his tires...

1 person likes this.
  19. LonghornFan

20. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Yeah I can't classify Mieses as some 'innocent bystander.' It is a shame that he is hurt but the bikers were looking to start **** and they definitely found it.

And this quote from Mieses' aunt: "This man with a Range Rover and luxury lifestyle — it's OK for him to do something to someone because he rides a bike or has tattoos?" she said.
    She said she didn't know if the driver should be charged."

What a completely moronic thing to say, serious facepalm. I have no sympathy for the bikers in this case.