1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: Range Rover runs over bikers.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Sep 30, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

that's New York for ya

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ridiculous - that those punks think they own the road, good for the guy that ran them over, he should have driven to the police station - and maybe swerve back and forth while the bikes were chasing him.

Idiots on motorcycles.....just beyond stupid to harass people like that, they deserve whatever they get from stuff like that.

DD

3. macho87

macho87 Member

Because they didn't try that **** here in Texas.

4. likestohypeguy

Oh no one was killed per the ny daily news article. I thought the youtube description said one died.

He should be good.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You haven't been in Austin during the ROT Rally.

I would have thrown my 5 month old son at them as a distraction and drove off -- they would accept my child as one of their own and one day he would become their leader. Then my final plan would be set into motion...

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeah, NO. :eek:

Both were a-holes to each other, but neither deserves to be injured.

7. ptR91

ptR91 Member

Knew there was more to the story than that video. d******d riders. Hope they get caught.

1 person likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When a mob threatens a man's family, that mob deserves whatever that father is capable of lashing out.

1 person likes this.
  9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm expecting an incident along these lines (minus an extended highway chase) to happen during one of those Critical Mass bike rides here (or elsewhere). Incredibly arrogant mob rule with people WANTING to stir things up/put drivers "in their place."

1 person likes this.
  10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Rumble in the Bronx?

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I see enough reason to run them off the road.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

^^^ This....

If you see a mob of bikes then keep your distance. Especially if you have a baby in the car. Keep your distance, let them go. When a group of people gather like this they are not going to be responsible. Large crowds of friends eventually result in stupidity. If I'm driving behind them I'm going to keep my distance. Or did it not occur to anyone that the Range Rover was driving a little too close to the bikers resulting in a stupid when keeping it real goes wrong contest. This was not a bike gang and in my opinion presented no threat. Nobody saw the actions of the father that because he is a father defending his family is ok to act like dumb a$$... As usual something was said and or looks where exchanged that led to this.

But please don't be ignorant and side with the dad because he was a dad. If anything shame on him for trying to be a badass in front of his wife when it comes to a group of 30+ grown men. Stay back, let them have their fun and danger. Don't threaten them and they wont mess with you. Both were at fault.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don't understand why the guy didn't dial 911 or drive to a police station. Stopping was the dumbest thing he could have done.

14. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GnR2ysyaoH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. smr6

smr6 Member

Watch the video. He was ahead of the group and they came up on him fast, then the biker he ends up hitting starting this whole incident cuts him off with only a few feet of space and immediately hits his brakes.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Isn't critical mass just a bunch of poor, juco students with tight jeans? What are they gonna do?

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm glad the dad did what he did

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

hahahah, what?

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

He is driving in the middle of a bike meet..... Yeah he was ahead ( in the middle of a bike meet/crew/group) ... The video does not indicate what happened before or how the range rover got ahead. Point is, DO NOT get in the middle of a meet/crew like this.... Why? because its a danger to everyone..... They are protecting themselves and fellow friends. Smart thing would have been to stay behind.

Okay, the range rover was driving safely and listening to the full house theme song when a bunch of angry bikers caught up to him and started surrounding him. Pull to the side, let them pass.... Drive slow and let then pass. Some things in life you just simply have to let it go.

These guys travel in packs and they don't let cars in between them unless there is an ahole car driver like this one. Both were stupid, both were wrong.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

From what i saw, they boxed him in. THey came up behind him and got in front of him. He can't slow down because the guy behind him is riding in between lanes and another came up behind him. He can't get away unless it's through them. Plus, that one guy got off the bike and walked towards them. If I'm him, i'm not sticking around to see what they want. It was a very dumb thing to do and they were just asking to get hit. Why would they stop, once the Range Rover was in the middle of the pack? Makes absolutely no sense, unless they were looking to start trouble or be funny. That's not normal driving.

#40 RV6, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.