1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] James Harden works out with Hakeem Olajuwon (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 28, 2013.

1. j3i

j3i Member

I'm ok with that. I was hoping Hakeem would teach him some defense lol

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Harden will definitely be more engaged on defense this coming season since he now has much more help on offense with Dwight's arrival. Regarding his post up game, this is the only thing that's missing in his offensive arsenal. He has the physical tools and signature old school game to be successful at the post.

Andre Igoudala, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green, Thabo Sefolosha, Tony Allen, etc.. You've got yourselves a conundrum now!

3. eomor131

eomor131 Member

InThePost Interview~ First Houston Rockets Training Camp Interview w/Hakeem Olajuwon

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XLeyeXg44Fo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. ACL1

ACL1 Member

someone tell dwight to extend that damn elbow all the way.

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Hakeem wants to jump back on the ROckets bandwagon

6. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

James harden WILL be a nasty player this year.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

To me, a post game would truly take Harden from top-10 to top-5. It would put him near the Durant/Lebron category on offense. Defense we'll see, but I think people will find his defense a lot "better" because he can funnel everyone to Howard now.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch!

9. hahachui

hahachui Member

Dream's foot work is still flawless!!!!!!!!
    LOVE his move!!

I want to see if Howard could do these spins

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol rockets are jumping back on Hakeem's bandwagon...

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Someone responded that he worked in a college program and typical practice FT% was over 80% at the school. In practice you get to shoot like 50 FTs in a row so you get in a groove which is why you get typical high percentages as opposed to game situations where you might shoot a pair of FTs every 8 minutes.

12. allaroundplayer

When D-Mo turns to his strong side (left) he shoots with his weak hand (right).

The Dream Shake is shooting a fade-away with your strong hand when turning to your strong side, so D-Mo doesn't have that shot.

I suppose he will have to drop some weight to do that move most effectively.

13. DocRock

DocRock Member

I hope Dream's arrangement still lets him train players from other teams in the offseason.

Other GM's should be terrified at the thought of their PF's spending their summer hanging out unsupervised with Dream and Parsons.

14. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Is there a late afternoon/night practice?

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Finally! From Dream: "James is stronger than he looks." Put to rest that silly thread about Harden being pudgy. He has a strong core. Lotta people are unfamiliar with that concept I guess.

1 person likes this.
  16. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Dear Basketball Lords,

I have been blessed with great, healthy genes. People still think I'm in my mid to late 20's when I am actually almost 15 years older.

But Lords...that's all superficial.

When I actually do grow up?...please...can you make me as fluid, as pretty moving and as graceful as Dream?

Pretty please?

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Watching all the Dwight and harden videos just makes me imagine how much fun this team will be to watch Dwight has to be itching to play wit harden because he knows harden is not selfish and will look for him often they are going to click right away

1 person likes this.
  18. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I actually found FT shooting easier toward the middle and end of games after I had warmed up and was into the game, even a bit tired (but of course not totally exhausted).

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I hope every single player under a rockets contract is practicing with Hakeem. Dmo should not be sitting and watching but up there and learning as well. He's another 7'0. Everyone on that team needs to develop a stronger sence of urgency. The time is now!

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

Is it me or Hakeem is in the best shape of any 50yr old I know. I mean he is dancing on the court like a young buck. The most underrated move of the off season was making dream part of the staff.