1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] James Harden works out with Hakeem Olajuwon (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 28, 2013.

1. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

The question now is will the Rockets run Harden post-up plays? This season continues to get even more interesting.

I like how he is working on his deficiencies.

Defense- He said that he will take on a larger role on that end of the floor and will guard the other team's best wings. (on media day interviews).
    Post up- Hakeeem!!

So now he must work on his midrange, well not work on it but just take a few more of those to keep the defense honest. His TOs will come down since we won't be running as much and there should me more of an organized offense.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

DH is flicking his freebies, not shooting. Get those arms up. It looks like a TRex is shooting free throws.

[​IMG]

3. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

On Harden's first attempt at the reverse spin, Hakeem stole the ball and then handed it back like, "Forget something??". Harden looked like his feelings were hurt. LMAO

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I noticed during that entire workout vid, that had a couple of skips in it, that D-Mo wasn't even looking in the direction of Dream and Harden. At one point, he even got up walked away. Jones was keyed in the whole time. He didn't miss a thing. At one point i thought he was going to jump out there and show Harden how to do it right:eek:.
    J/k. Seriously, maybe it's just me, but D-Mo didn't look to interested in what was going on right in front of him.

5. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

yeah and it seems queer that so many NBA players around him aren't telling him that. I mean c'mon Harden watcha doing man

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also, i have two words for Howards FT form. Chuck Hayes.

7. SpiceLaneCowboy

top 10 all time in steals.

better recognize.

1 person likes this.
  8. akxninja

akxninja Member

Howard's release point is so low. That's why I wouldn't trust him to shoot fadeaway dream shakes vs Hakeem who has an in lockable fadeaway because of that high release point.

Omg is that harden finishing with his right hand on the baseline post move?! Funny joe he gets stripped twice when making the reverse counter move. He doesn't protect the ball with his body the way Hakeem does (it's the little things that make dream so amazing). And as all the former players from the TNT cast say, it's not playing the 15 mins, it's the recovery the next day that doesn't allow to play a whole 82 games.

9. Win

Win Contributing Member

Chilling! Gives me goose-bumps!

1 person likes this.
  10. Ultimate6thMan

As everyone else has already said....THIS IS ****ING AMAZING! I haven't felt this excited since the year we actually won the championship.

Also, as many other have already mentioned, why hasn't anyone worked with Dwight on his FT form? They really should bring Calvin in to do this. He has the right abilities and personalities to get players to be better FT shooters!

And OMG...Dream...I am still learning just how good he was/is! When I watched his videos with Dwight, and Dwight looked so stiff compared to his moves, I wasn't that surprised because it is hard for any big man to be as fluid as Hakeem was/is. But when I saw this video, and how he makes even James Freaking Harden look a little stiff trying to do his moves...OMG..I have another appreciation level for his talents.

Our players can only get better from Hakeem helping to train them. This is the best thing to happen to the Rockets since our championship years. I do hope all the players, especially all of our bigs, get to spend some quality time learning from Hakeem. But it only makes sense that our too superstars get first rights.

Call me a homer, but I think we win it all this year!

11. NotChandlerParsons

Homer!

I agree

12. allaroundplayer

can somebody answer if olajuwon is now hired to be a rockets coach?

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he's hired, but more of an adviser role, not coach

14. Yellow

Yellow Member

I hope it's not just the stars that work with Dream, D-Mo and Jones could benefit a lot from him.

15. MONON

MONON Member

After watching Dream in the vid, I have a suggestion. Why not release Camby & sign Dream for the backup backup 5? :grin: He's got as much if not more left in his tank.

16. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Howard shot well above 80% in laker practices. It doesn't necessarily translate to games.

17. SolidClan

SolidClan Member

at 1:01 in the video, there is a player sitting on the bench who resembles Peja "The Serbian Sniper" Stojakovic. Anyone thinks that as well?

18. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

I wonder if asik could dream shake

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

TJones, sitting there thinking, "How come Dream ain't working with me?"