1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

has the citizen's united ruling backfired on republcans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by otis thorpe, Sep 27, 2013.

1. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

The party is in a fight between ultra conservatives and moderates. laugh at ted cruz all you want he is raising a bunch of money. these pacs have a way for ultra conservatives to let individuals fund their causes. ted is running for president rigjt now and he has rich people who will fund him and he has no reason to compromise. it just takes ones or two billionares to fund a campaign.

2. bongman

bongman Member

I thought he is not eligible to run?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's not black and he's not a Muslim so the hardcore right isn't worried about "birther" type stuff anymore.

1 person likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Sadly you are right..... and there isnt a (D) after his name.

5. bongman

bongman Member

You forgot the more important one, he is not a democrat. But his father was a communist so shouldn't they be labeling him as such? . Funny how the logic that tea party used against Obama is not being used for this guy. ;)

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

a lot of defensive and visibly nervous liberals ...

7. bongman

bongman Member

i am shaking and so scared of your hero :rolleyes:

I would like to request that you take notice of how liberals criticize your boy. We will never make up crap that he is a communist, a Nazi, a moozlim, post pictures of his face looking like hitler or denounce him as a candidate because he is half Cuban.

If you don't see the hypocrisy of the Tea Party, nobody can help you with that.

1 person likes this.
  8. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Its ironic that some conservatives are truly scared obama achieves some success in peace talks with iran. but i digress there are other threads for that conversation

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I wouldn't say 'backfired.' Citizens United is a tea-party organization in philosophy. It was a blow to traditional republicans who are getting marginalized by tea-partiers. But, for people who identify with Citizens United and the Koch brothers, it's been a huge boon.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

indeed.

11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

like the boards of the AMNH and NY STate Theater?

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am all for a Ted Cruz/ Sarah Palin ticket.

1 person likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That would be a dream come true.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The further right the GOP goes, the further right the Democratic party goes, so the money is still getting the results it wants.

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I'd much prefer a republican candidate who didn't scare the piss out of me instead. Is it too much to ask for a decent republican candidate?

Come on republicans. Take your ****ing party back.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Seriously? I would think liberal Dems love the idea of Cruz getting the GOP nod, even though there is no way that happens.

If Hillary ran against Cruz in 2016 it would be a landslide that could decimate Republicans in both houses of congress. Fortunately, most in the party realize that.

Bottom line: Unless the hard right comes up with something better than Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, pencil in Chris Christie. Like Romney, he'll be running against the Freak Show and win by default.

1 person likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I really hope the GOP runs Cruz/West/Palin as a team (Cruz not only sidesteps the birther issue, but gets two VP candidates to attract both women and African Americans, all the while tripling down on the bat***** crazy vote.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Citizen's United has not backfired yet on the Repubs, but it will be repealed relatively soon. Just too blatant selling of offices for the general public.

As for Cruz ,who cares how much money he raises. He will not be a national policitican despite his recent stunt. Just too flaky and unlikeable personally.

Reminds me of that other clown, Phil Graham who thought he was presidential material just because he raised a lot of corporate money. I am tempted to compare Cruz with Perry, who also had a lot of money, but Cruz is more intelligent in a way.

20. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

glynch i actually agree that American voters can think for themselves and are not influenced by how many commercials a nut can afford. however, ted cruz is out for himself and that's the point, not that he will get the nod but that he will take down the party to continue to getting money. same thing goes for the rogue tea partiers in the house