1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Palin: a free society that is not moral will destroy itself

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/359114/freedom-destroys-itself-sarah-palin

in reference to the recent Naval Yard shooting

I completely agree, and as I get older, I am more and more turned off by the glorification and trivialization of violence in our popular culture. This is not a call for censorship, no law can make us righteous.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

tpdr*
    [​IMG]
    (*too palin didn't read)

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Imposing your morality on all is a form of suppressing individual freedom.

4. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Im sure the gunman had just finished playing grand theft auto beforevgunning down those people. it had nothing to do with his mental health issues.

dont worry sarah no one tis stopping you from gunning down moose from a copter

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

she said nothing about imposing anything

this is advocacy and persuasion, not compulsion

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...gunman-obsessed-with-violent-video-games.html

now I used to play these games myself so what do I know, but it's worth considering how they impact the culture and people who have a propensity for mental instability

6. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Morality is gun freedom. these guys need to stop watcing old westerns

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What is she proposing? A national discussion on violence in entertainment? What would she like to see result from that, other than censorship?

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

weird, violent video games are extremely popular in Europe and other countries but doesn't seem to be causing any mass shootings like USA.

Maybe it has something to do with the easy access to guns and the rampant gun culture seen here in america

9. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I wouldnt ask her. she didnt write this. i hope she doesnt think we are stupid enough to believe she reads the essays of john adams are the speeches of margaret thatcher

10. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

This country was born in bloodshed. it is in our dna to solve problems through violence. im not saying we shouldnt thrive for better. we shouldnt blame it on the latest red herring

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Palin? Why would se care what she have to say?

12. conquistador#11

Hitler didn't go Hitler because he got carried away playing war lords on his german Z3 computer. Sometimes there is just evil. Palin being religious, she should come to terms with that. Did Abel deserve to get got like that? It's been going around for some time, this whole evil thing. pure evil.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Maybe if she hadn't flaked out on the easiest governorship in the country to star on reality shows and make Facebook posts she'd be in a position to effect whatever moral renaissance she's carping about.

1 person likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

So beautifully written, so brave.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

From the fine folks cutting food stamps, opposing gun background checks, and defunding the government. Fine, moral folks over there.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hopefully the gun lobby will have another big week like it has for the last two! :)

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morality is not the problem with America.

Oppressive delusion, Closed mindedness and a lack of a basic understanding of science is a HUGE problem.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5gK2EEwzjPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Buck Turgidson

I'll see your sack of hammers and raise you a box of lefthanded crayons.

19. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

The first line is the dumbest thing I've ever read(and I'm on clutchfans A LOT), or maybe I'm being naive. Is that really the first thing politicians say after a tragedy?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do people still pay the slightest attention to Palin? If so, why? She's had her 15 minutes.