1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[September 14] Mayweather vs Canelo

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 713, May 29, 2013.

?

Who you got?

1. Mayweather

51 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. Canelo

25 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tough to be great when you don't fight the best fighters in your generation, in their primes.

Historically, tough to put Mayweather with any of the great champions. If you study boxing history, and think Mayweather should be up on that Rushmore, you need to reassess what you know about the sport.

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't have him in my top 10 of all time but he's certainly somewhere between 15-20 and I wouldn't argue with someone who had him just out of their top 10. He is no question the best of his era with honorable mention to BHop.

3. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

wonder what the ppv numbers for this event are...

4. dragician

dragician Member

Top 5 Opponents for Floyd Mayweather After Latest Master Performance

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/top-5-...latest-master-performance-145300603--box.html

1. Danny "Swift" Garcia - 27-0, 16 KOs
    2. Timothy "Desert Storm" Bradley - 30-0, 12 KOs
    3. Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez - 51-2-2, 28 KOs
    4. Devon Alexander "The Great" - 25-1, 14 KOs or Amir "King" Khan - 28-3, 19 KOs
    5. Marcos "El Chino" Maidana - 34-3, 31 KOs

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How heavy is Martinez

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

believe it or not, Sergio and Golokvin are small middleweights

7. King1

Walks around between 170 and 180

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Damn, that mean he has to come down to 150 for Floyd to consider him.

9. smr6

smr6 Member

It was actually a female judge.

10. King1

I'm sure Floyd would fight him at 52 like he did Canelo.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea I quickly discovered that.

There's als good news, she takes an indefinite leave from judging, good for the sport.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Most logical choices would be Danny Garcia or a fight w/ Khan in the UK would be interesting. Neither has a chance to win. Considering that Canelo was such a big event, where do you go from here? Only thing bigger would be a Pacman fight and that's not happening. So Im leaning towards Amir Khan in the UK. Would be a monstrous fight over there.

Not that interested in seeing Martinez fight Floyd. He's not going to outbox Floyd. We need a fighter who will let his hands go and is willing to get knocked out, to fight Floyd. Sergio's style just wouldn't work with him. Floyd is gonna pepper him all night if he fights with his hands down.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think Martinez has a chance. He is actually a very good boxer. I still that pac floyd fight needs to happen. Given the pac is a little down maybe he will accept whatever stupid things mayweather demands.

14. King1

Manny should have just taken the drug test initially and we would have had a fight. Floyd conceded everything else. It's never going to happen now so there's no point in even discussing it unless Pac leaves TR

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Mayweather is top 10 all time

He has not even been close to losing. Guy makes good fighters look bad.

16. what

what Member

I would actually like to see Marquez - Mayweather II.

I refuse to believe that Mayweather was so tactically better than Marquez the first time around.

Floyd never even considered making weight for that fight and Marquez was just barely able to even get to the minimum weight to make the catchweight. I believe that Marquez is at least as smart as floyd is in the ring and he has the power to knock floyd out.

17. King1

You are the only person on Earth who would ever want to see that fight again.

Then you just don't know boxing. JMM is a counter puncher and does absolutely nothing better then Floyd. It was a joke fight and Floyd even carried him to the final bell.

No. Just no.

18. what

what Member

Why do you have to insult somebody's knowledge of boxing to make a point?

The real joke was that your boy Money had to come in overweight in a fight that you profuse was a joke to begin with. That's the real joke.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think money wise it would be the biggest draw for Floyd. But does Marquez even want to take that one? That's an automatic W. The best fight for boxing right now though, would be Marquez vs Canelo.

20. King1

Well, it's not just your knowledge of boxing if I'm being honest. Your threads and posts as a whole are not very intelligent.

You hate Floyd and that's cool. You're entitled to that opinion. Just because JMM put your hero to sleep doesn't mean you need to lash out. Criticize him for missing weight. I did. Same as I criticized him for the catchweight against Canelo. Blind nuthuggers like yourself only read what they want though