1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Calvin is certainly a top end WR1, but I'd still take the low end WR1 for an RB3 before he has a chance to sleep on it. The average difference in points per game is more minimal than you might think.

Thinking that you have to go for a top 3 receiver when a top 10 is being servered on a platter is risky. Don't wait around the bank you just robbed because you might get a little more before the cops arrive haha.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I am not worried about him sleeping on it. The Lamar for Cobb is basically a done deal if we can't work out a deal for Calvin.

That's why I am trying to think if it's worth just giving a little more to get Calvin Johnson and Possibly Austin and Johnson as the second piece from him.

3. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

You know

4. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

^ Sorry about that.

Meant to say, you know him better than I do. If there's no chance of him seeking counsel on a forum like this sure. I just worry about people telling him he's crazy before it actually is a done deal.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

yeah I know what you mean for sure. I will be talking to him in a couple hours when he gets out of school so we will see what happens I am trying to pawn off one of my other WR's instead of Hopkins but he likes him apparently as much as I do.

Thanks for all the feedback and hopefully one of these two deals goes down tonight.

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Need some flex advice from all the gurus out there... PPR league

David Wilson (@ CAR)
    Bernard Pierce (vs. HOU)
    Eddie Royal (@TEN)

7. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I have the Packers defense, but this week I picked up the Vikings defense and moved the Packers to the Bench. Is it smart to hold on to the Packers D, or should I drop the Packers' D and switch Defenses week in week out?

8. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Go with the Hot Pick...in Eddie Royal. David Wilson will fumble and be moved to the Bench again, also Pierce i believe wont be a factor. Esp. if this goes south for the Ravens they could abandon the running game completely.

9. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

If you have a limit on WW's i would just keep both D's and switch between the better match up's. Not worth a WW if you have a limit. If there is no limit then simply switch in and out for the better match up's every week. For this week I would go Vikings only because the Brown's have literally nobody on the team.

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

A little help please.

Need to start 3 WRs (standard scoring):

AJ Green vs. GB
    V. Cruz @ Carolina
    Jordy Nelson @ Cincy
    R. Cobb @ Cincy

Debating on whether to sit Cruz and start both Nelson & Cobb. Bengals D is tough but so is Carolina's at home. Eli looked really shaky last week at home against Denver.

11. what

what Member

You created your own problem by taking a Rodgers wr. Anyway, if I were you I'd trade AG green or cruz for something good. But who your WB is would affect my decision. If you have Dalton, Manning or Rodgers, then pair the wr with the qb.

I mean honestly I'd trade green and Cruz for Rodgers, because you aren't getting any value from having 4 #2s

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Cobb and Green are WR1's. Cobb is going to get his looks no matter what and he converts better than anyone in the league. I am a huge Jordy fan but you are right, Rodgers can target James Jones more than Jordy so I would be tempted to bench Jordy this week.

It seems like he has an excellent receiving corp and created a great situation for himself. He has 2 WR1's and 2WR2's. All 4 have potential to put up WR1 numbers every week. Depending on the RB situation it might make sense to trade 1 of them for a RB2 if possible.

1 person likes this.
  13. Louka

Should I trade

Eric Decker
    Roddy White

for

Ray Rice
    Sam Bradford

I have Aaron Rodgers, but I also have another offer to trade Rodgers for Arian Foster

with Daryl Richardson, David Wilson, and Steven Jackson already on my squad... RB overload?

14. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks, appreciate the advice. Benched Jordy (20 pts) last week and it cost me, but Cobb has been very steady thus far. My RB situation isn't steady at all. Hoping one of Starks, Gio, Joique or Pierce will break out and become the featured RB2 alongside Arian Foster. We'll see...

What type of WR trade package would you propose for a legit RB2? What RBs would you target with this package?

15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

My QBs are Luck and Wilson. If I trade away Green/Cruz that would leave me with all Green Bay starters: Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson (and maybe Starks at flex).

Would that be a smart, balanced move? It's tempting... Packers O has been on fire.

16. Louka

And yet another trade offer of DeMarco Murray for Daryl Richardson, of which I'm definitely accepting. I like the activity in this league, lol

17. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Green, Cruz, and Cobb.

Depending on your other WR, I'd trade either GB WR for a decent, but not as valuable, backup WR and upgrade another position of yours. Having 4 starters, 2 of which are on the same team, will create this problem for you all season. No use having 4 starters on a team that can only play 3.... unless you're set at all the other positions too.

18. what

what Member

Yes, it would be a great move. If you could do it AND keep luck and wilson, that would be ideal.

then pick up some nice young wr to run with the rest of the season: austin pettis, robert woods, etc.

You don't need 4 stud wr.

as far as rb's go, I wouldn't get james starks: i'd get guys like andre ellington, joique bell, etc.

1 person likes this.
  19. Louka

Okay new trade proposals

Should I accept

Receive: Ray Rice

Trade: Eric Decker, Daryl Richardson

OR

Receive: DeMarco Murray

Trade: Daryl Richardson

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member