1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Any meaning to the two birds flying in the sky when it looks like Jesse is about to be killed in the desert?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

episode was great but they could have done a better job of showing why Walt did that at the end.

Most people never picked up on the fact that he was just trying to protect Skylar.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

She's the only character I have never been able to sympathize with.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm sure it'll be explained in the cold open next week. Like how they showed what was going with Todd when he called him about killing Jesse.

5. kevC

kevC Member

Pretty much anyone with half a brain should have picked that up. Pretty obvious especially when he was going "I DID EVERYTHING BY MYSELF. JUST ME. ME ME ME!" and crying while saying it.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

At first I was wondring, but as the call went on, it was obvious he was protecting her...Overall great episode, things getting complicated...

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Member

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Jesse finally finding out what happened to Jane.

All thats left now is for a cold open or something showing how Walt poisoned Brock.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm hoping that's one of the last scenes of the series if not the last one after everyone dies or whatever.

9. Phreak3

Phreak3 Member

I think Walt wants to put them in witness protection not so much because there is a threat but because they can reboot their lives. Especially with Marie likely getting murdered in the next episode, I think they are going to be relocated.

10. SC1211

SC1211 Member

I have to disagree. It was really pretty obvious that's what was going on (especially on the re-watch). But if it had been more obvious it would have ruined the subtelty that made the scene so great in the first place. Part of what made the scene so amazing was that it was deep down a mixture of him wanting to protect them and him releasing some true, deep anger that he held. I thought it was the most perfectly executed scene of the show.

1 person likes this.
  11. juicystream

juicystream Member

Good thought.

12. eMat

eMat Member

Thanks for pointing out that the show ended with a phone call as well. That does make the initial scene seem appropriate.

13. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Yep, I described the scene in very general terms to somebody who hasn't watched (without giving any spoilers). It really stood out.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

Vince Gilligan said that showing this would not be necessary as it was pretty plainly laid out. I don't think it will happen.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

At this point I would say that Breaking Bad is The GOAT.

Anyone else think this is the best season of any show they have ever seen?

16. durvasa

durvasa Member

Honestly, I didn't pick it up, though it made perfect sense when I read that's what most people's take was on it.

It was definitely a shift in tone for how Walt usually interacts with his wife. But given the circumstances (everyone turning against him, including his family, and him losing 70 million) it seemed totally within reason that Walt had snapped and was just letting lose all the emotions, insecurities, and rage that he had bottled up. That was what I assumed was going on as I watched that scene.

17. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Member

I'm wondering the same thing, had to be symbolic of something.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The phone call scene was awesome. It got me at first (like Durvasa above) but then it started to make sense. I think that was the intention. It went on a little long. Just enough to prove a point.

It reminded me of the Sophia in the Barn scene from The Walking Dead. That was a great shock because I never thought she was in the barn. But there is a moment right after most of the other zombies cleared out that it dawned on me and it was just filmed/written/executed very well.

That is exactly what we watched last night. Just amazing.

19. juicystream

juicystream Member

Stick it on the Blu-Ray collection. Wouldn't surprise me.

Personally I preferred last season. I loved Gus' character.

Seasons 2 of Nip/Tuck was great. I don't watch a lot of TV (or should I say dramas, as I usually prefer sports/cartoons).

20. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah I didn't pick it up initially either. I was trying to mentally catch up to what I had just seen (Walt and Skylar knife fight then Walt taking Holly). Such a good episode.