1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miss America crowns first winner of Indian descent, and critics slam her as Arab terrorist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

The whole charade is silly on a number of levels. The contestant who wins is rarely the most beautiful or the most talented or even the brightest. IMO, the winner is chosen more by who best serves current political correctness.

3. Raven

Raven Member

I'm not sure what that means but she does have a nice rack. :grin:

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

aw, poor all American values runnerup tatooed Army Sergeant from Kansas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

America is Exceptional!

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Indian women are frequently very beautiful. I support more of them becoming Americans.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not that I care about Miss America, but I'm more scandalized that a woman with a tat like that was runner-up than that an Indian woman won the whole thing.

1 person likes this.
  7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

would hit. twice.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I dont mind the tat on the blond, but I have long ago grown out of the bleach blonde infatuation. It takes away from her attractiveness imo.

The rest of this stuff is just a bunch of BS stirred up by people that need the controversy to generate clicks\ads\viewers\listeners. Nothing more.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

10. Raven

Raven Member

Tattoos and women are a bad mix.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fixed.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Twitter has really done a lot to expose the amount of ignorance and racism that still out there.

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

what about all these representatives of Joe Public, putting their opinions out there attached to their names, for anyone to read?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/a-lot-of-people-are-very-upset-that-an-indian-american-woman

an absolute embarrassment!

this Todd Starns fellow has lost track of what represents American Values.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Miss Kansas, a gun-toting, deer-hunting, military veteran was America's choice - but not the liberal Miss America judges' choice.</p>&mdash; toddstarnes (@toddstarnes) <a href="https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/statuses/379436782229520384">September 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

and he has parrots all over the country agreeing with him...

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Huh? So that's the reason average (read ppl not in public spotlight) Americans were spewing racist thoughts after she won? Ok.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really?

http://www.missamerica.org/our-miss-americas/default.aspx

Just glancing at the last 10 years of winners 7 have been white including last year's winner Laura Kaeppler from that most diverse state of Wisconsin. 2011 winner Teresa Scanlon goal is to become a "Christian in the political arena, 2009 Winner Katie Stam is a member of the very conservative Lutheran Missouri Synod, 2008 winner Kristen Haglund is a regular contributor on Fox News, and 2007 winner Lauren Nelson has written a teen devotional book and leads youth services in her Baptist church.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm just glad they didn't choose one of those anglo imperialist chicks this time around

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Thanks for making us all wish that were true. Maybe cheer yourself up and watch something from the first 85 years of the pageant. Or just go to the women's section at the Barnes and Noble magazine rack and point out all the "politically correct" cover models.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Are you meaning to tell me that white people are not the only true Americans?

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yes, that is correct. The various nut bags in the media make a big deal out if it and the various mouthbreathers who listen/watch them keep it alive with their moronic postings online.

I'm not excusing it, just stating how it works. Don't flame me if it doesn't fit your narrative.

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Last year Obama needed Wisconsin in the mid-terms. Nonetheless, I'll give you an example: in all the comedy sketches, notably the movie "Miss Congeniality," all the girls wish for "world peace." Although that is an exaggeration, it is not far from the truth. Their answers are always vapid and predictable. I'm surprised the National Organization of Women doesn't picket this thing every year, but I guess that wouldn't be fashionable.