1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. fearless!

fearless! Member

Is it possible to be logged in on two computers/mobiles at the same time?

1 person likes this.
  2. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Two users have different experience?

3. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

thanks all for the LP info.

I am in NY so I am OK for the Rockets games. But I also want to watch the knicks and nets (I have no cable). When I try to order the broadband, it requires the zip code. So can I just put in a fake one, e.g. zip code for Las Vegas, to avoid the black out? or it doesn't matter?

thanks in advance.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

in USA, the Broadband only package does not allow you to watch on a phone.

yes. it's different for International users. the question appears to apply to users here in USA interested in Broadband only.

don't think the fake zip code will work. it goes by your IP address. to get Knicks and Nets access, try an IP mask like Hotspot Shield.
    that worked for me when I was in Houston last holiday season...

#24 across110thstreet, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  5. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Extremely easy to bypass the blackouts, I watched every game last year from the middle of Houston.

6. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

how to bypass blackout?

7. Play07

Play07 Member

on TV or on your computer ? I had league pass last year with AT&T and jail broke my Apple TV, installed XMBC where they had app called sports devil and which has 7-10 sports networks on there but first row sports usually worked at higher percentage so that's how I watched rockets games for free. Moved recently and came to find out the apartments I moved to had a contract with Comcast so you could on get Comcast here. Of course I was thankful and happy about that.

8. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I can't take the credit, someone else posted at the beginning of the season to download Hotspot Shield. Run Hotspot shield, then run league pass and the blackout should be lifted since Hotspot Shield changes your IP address.

9. CCM721

CCM721 Member

On the computer btw

10. Play07

Play07 Member

oh ok cool

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Last season I paid by instalments. Did they cancel that option this year? Wondering if I should wait. And the price went up a lot this year too.

And oh yeah, I'm getting LP definitely because of Jeremy, although there are 4 or 5 teams that I follow, I watch all of Jeremy's games.

12. Caris

Caris Member

I used this promo code, NBALP202013, and paid CAD$119.99 for International League Pass.

And yes, I purchased League Pass because of Jeremy Lin and the Rockets. :grin:

13. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

14. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

1. NBA LP site indicated you can watch in IPad but did not mention about android tablet, which I have.

2. I understand that I need to mask the IP but worry that if I put in my local zip during registration, they would question about the IP not match with the zip?

Thanks anyway.

15. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

I don't think registration zip matter because you are free to travel anywhere with your tablet.

Like if you travel to NY, you will get blackout in NY. Not Houston.

16. allaroundplayer

You need to download NBA Game Time app & you can watch League Pass games on your tablet.

17. kumakun

kumakun Member

I think they only let you pay per month now, no installments.
    Last year I waited and the price went up $10 after the start of the season.

Great to know there's others out there that follow Lin as well.
    Will be a great season watching Howard, Parsons, and Harden as well.
    We know for a fact now Lin won't be traded now if he's on the front page of the NBA league pass in a Rockets jersey. They're not dumb enough to ignore 1 billion + people of revenue, it's like how stupid Apple is to have an IPhone 5C that's a "cheaper phone" for the emerging Asian markets at $550 when the average phone cost like $200 or less.

18. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Never mind, I just renewed and paid $125.99. Can't wait for the season to start! I wouldn't mind the Rockets trading Jeremy away if it's for a good reason. I have league pass ;) *high five*

Not basketball related, but I don't think Apple's 5C is targeting the Asian markets.

19. TTNN

TTNN Member

I had LP last season but the quality was not very good, it got stuck all the time, and I eventually have to go to firstrow, though lower resolution, but at least it is moving. Not sure whether that just me or not。

Also they mentioned that the broadband this year include DVR capability, how that work? anybody know?

BTW, I purchased League Pass because of Jeremy Lin and the Rockets too.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I got it again, of course. There are ways to save. I especially like that I can now choose to hear our announcers for every game! Bill Worrell FTW!

1 person likes this.