1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon "Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant need his low post training"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Sep 6, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin's length would make him hard to cover in the post.

2. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

I would kinda be scared if Blake does get a polished post game because of how explosive he is. He has some moves but not many. If he can get his game polished and avg around 25 and 10 the Clippers might be first seed coming season.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Having watched Durant at UT, he has great post moves already. He doesn't need Dream, he just needs a commitment to working down there.

Blake Griffin on the other hand desperately needs to improve his post game. There probably isn't a more overrated player in the NBA right now. Highlight dunks and CP3 make him seem a lot greater than his actual impact on the game.

4. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

5. SK34

SK34 Member

My point exactly.

W/O going into the post this guy gets 28 ppg with great efficiency.

W/ post play, he can avg about 35 with greater efficiency.

People are gonna argue that he is too skinny to be in the post but his length is what would help him.

My question is that, If he does learn how to play in the post, How are Ibaka and Perkins gonna be used?

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

That's pretty meaningless unless you're going to show some evidence that he was scoring in different ways than before. Didn't he come off the bench for the first time in his career? That probably had more to do with it.

I find it funny that people are worried about Hakeem working with other guys. The reason he doesn't work with scrubs is that he charges an insane amount. I think guys do it more for perception than anything else, and the fact that they can afford it. It's really not worth it.