1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Andrew Bogut or Omer Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItalianRocket, Sep 1, 2013.

?

Who?

Poll closed Sep 6, 2013.
  1. Bogut

43 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Asik

217 vote(s)
    83.5%
  1. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I was wondering,since these two are pretty similair players,who would you prefer in your team?

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is a rockets forum so Asik will win. If he was healthy which he never is I would take bogut.

3. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Asik has proven himself especially in the playoffs.

4. underrated015

underrated015 Member

maybe 5 years ago, it was bogut. he's not the same player anymore. asik has more upside to get better and im not being biased.

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Agreed, when Bogut can play he is awesome, but he gets hurt way too often to even think about picking him over Asik.

6. conquistador#11

i'd take asik over 2010 yao.

7. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

This is a no-brainer. When bogut is 100% healthy he is really good but I bet he has played less than 50 games that way in his entire career. Asik is a tank that reliably gives you 85% of boguts maximum production all the time. A more extreme example of this would be Oden vs. Asik drives the point home.

8. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

So true,I hope he gets a chance to work out with Hakeem,I think he would learn a lot from him.

9. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

In an imaginary PC game with adjustable injury sliders I could see myself going with Bogut, but if we're talking about reality, it's not even a contest. Bogut has been paid like $450,000 per game the last 2 years. Omer cost Houston 57k per appearance so far. He could play 0 minutes for the rest of his contract and still come out on top. There's no discussion.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Today it's Asik and it's not really even close. At one time I think it would have been Bogut but he has had so many damn injuries that he is just not the same player he was a couple of years ago.

Make no doubt about it though, when healthy Andrew Bogut was a stud defensive center and not too bad on the offensive end either. It's a real shame for him that he has sustained so many injuries.

11. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

When healthy Bogut is the better player. That said I'd only take Asik over him because of youth and health.

12. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Bogut is definitely more well rounded, and would fit certain teams better over Asik.

But you really don't find 7 foot road block centers who front the PnR like Omer does. Dwight just about the same in ability with respect to that, but he's a freak athlete and not quite (while still huge) as big and solid as Asik.

13. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Asik is actually healthy.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Healthy Bogut would win hands down but since he is the next Yao I would take Asik every single time.

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Asik. Bogut is a better player, but you can't count on him, and he makes a lot

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

5 years ago Asik wasn't in the league.

But yeah the answer is Asik.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

In 2k13 Bogut. In today's NBA, Asik

18. Nook

Nook Member

Asik and it isn't close. Bogut is/was a very good player when healthy, but I don't think he will ever be healthy again.

19. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

If Bogut was healthy, I would take him 10/10 but he isn't so I will go with the ever-so reliable Asik.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Which one plays for the Rockets??? That's the one i want.