1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Thing About Fantasy Football...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Brandyon, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

...is the pleasure I get from the misfortune of others.

Giants RB Andre Brown suffers broken left leg

Clearly, I'm not the only one who may have the first obvious draft coup with David Wilson. Being that I already felt great about my chances in my annual league, my only fear is overconfidence at this point.

10 Team/PPR
    QB Tony Romo
    WR Demaryius Thomas
    WR Julio Jones
    WR Danny Amendola (Clear Gamble)Kenny Britt
    RB Adrian Peterson
    RB David Wilson
    TE Jared Cook
    W/R/T Eric Decker
    K Dan Bailey
    DEF St Louis
    BN Ryan Mathews
    BN Cecil Shorts
    BN Josh Gordon
    BN Alshon Jeffery
    BN Kenny Britt
    BN Martellus Bennett
    BN Jay Cutler
    BN Joique Bell

What do you think?

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Andre Brown came from nowhere to vulture Wilson's carries and TDs, and it can happen again. The league's full of guys with injury history that just need that 2nd or 3rd chance. Looking at your team, it looks like Wilson fell to 40-41 from his adp round 34?

3. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I'll tell you how you lose the league:
    Peterson actually finishes as a top 10 RB and not a top 1 or 2 and you have an injury to Wilson.

Your biggest problem is RB depth. If your starters survive, you'll be more than fine. If something happens to your team, cause something happens to most fantasy teams, you could possibly be exposed at RB depth, that is all.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I have Wilson and Brown. On one hand glad for the boost it might give Wilson, but on the other hand I was willing to play both.

Of course the Giants have had 3rd string RBs end up playing big roles in recent years (Brown & Bradshaw started as 3rd string before bursting onto the scene).

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have Wilson in almost all of my leagues. I was a little worried about it to be honest because of not only Brown, but Wilson will go into the doghouse again if he fumbles. The fact remains though - Wilson is talented as hell.

But none of that matters now. Brown is hurt and Wilson will take a strangle hold of the starting RB job and blow everyone away.

6. ILoveTheRockets

you are going to be disappointed with cook.

7. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

You're right about this one for sure. I've drafted somewhere between 7-10 for the last 4 years and getting the #1 had me overthinking the pick. I almost went with Martin or Rice, but didn't want to get caught trying to do a reverse an easy layup. I'm not expecting anything like last season, but did plan on a #4-5 RB finish.

Wasn't planning to carry so many WR's, but wanted to give the receivers on my bench a couple weeks to distinguish themselves. With Amendola being such a risk, and having 2 Denver WR's, I considered high upside potential WR3's on my bench to be a MUST. Come week 2, either Britt, Jeffery, or a TE should be expendable.

Ryan Mathews burnt me last season, so I know that I can't count on him to be there if a starter gets hurt. Just couldn't pass up on him in the 9th. In the end, I think I can find 1 solid RB on the waivers once a few weeks of the season have passed. If Peterson/Wilson/Mathews/Bell/+1 can't occupy 2 RB spots through the season then it just wasn't meant to happen.

He's only been disappointing in the past, so I can't say you're wrong. I just have a feeling that Fisher wanted him again for a reason. STL lost their 2 top targets in the pass game, he's clearly the #1 TE in the pass game, and Bradford seemed comfortable with him both between the 20's & in the red-zone. I'm more concerned with my choice of Bennett instead of Zach Sudfeld as a backup.

Thanks for all the responses!

8. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

;)

Week one went about how I expected it to be... other than David Wilson of course. I'd easily have the high water mark in my league had it not been for him. Decker had a similarly sloppy week 1.

I'm strongly opposed to succumbing to "Overreaction Monday," so I'll end up sticking with him. Due to the fact that I'm in a PPR league, Joique Bell may be the safer play. Particularly with a banged up Bush.

Considering Isaiah Pead on waivers this week for added insurance. He's served his 1 game, and while Daryl Richardson is still the starter, Pead has the real upside between the two.

Considering Pryor as well. I have two solid QBs... both of whom were outscored by Pryor in week 1 thanks to the added running yards. Investing in him for a couple weeks to monitor consistency is very reasonable.

I'm excited about this team though. Might end up rivaling my 2011 squad:
    Romo/Megatron/Roddy/Welker/Steven Jackson/Shonn Green/Antonio Brown/Jimmy Graham