1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, some here accurately guessed that when Saul said "If I'd known what he was going to do, I never would have helped" (or something like that) from last weeks promo, that he was talking to Jesse about Walt (either about Brock or Mike). So yeah, some stuff can be gleamed from the promos.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I hate Walt from a morality standpoint but the way he schemes, manipulates, and built his empire is something to respect. Being a TV show, I find amusement in that. If it were reality, I'd think he's scum.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like him in "reality". He isn't forcing anyone to do the drugs and he reacts to protect himself and family, not out of pure greed.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If it was reality and you were there with him from day one you most likely would still understand his survival skills.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I know, but is it really worth it to sit though low winter sun for that? :grin:

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't know how they keep making this show better but they do. Geez that confession was awesome. What is it 5 episodes left? It's hard to wrap up a series but I don't think I've ever been more confident of a writing group to do the job right.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yep, 5 episodes left and it's just getting better and better with each passing moment.

Anyone notice that Todd was wearing the jacket that Walt is wearing in the flash forward?

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It wasn't just that he didn't save her, but he is also the reason she was on her back. Wasn't she on her side, until Walt was trying to wake Jesse? It is entirely his fault that she died.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Must get home to rewatch episodes to confirm!

10. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Can't wait to give this episode a second viewing. The last few minutes were such a roller coaster. Possibly one of my favorite camera angels from the show:

[​IMG]

The music was pretty amazing at the end as well.

11. Cannonball

It started off that way, but he went well beyond that point. Remember at the end of the first season, Walt did the math for how much money he had to make so his family would be set? It was somewhere around $700K. Before he started working for Gus, he sold 38 lbs. for $1.2M, keeping half. He got out but then he got back in. Even if he was a little short of his initial goal, he probably reached it early on in working with Gus.

Since then, it's really all been about feeding his own ego. He's spent the last 20 year feeling like a failure for cashing out of the Grey Matter business too early. He wanted to be the man. The boss. The King. And cooking meth went from a way to provide for his family after his death to, in his words, "building an empire". It went from being all about his family to being all about himself. His initial goal was $700K yet he scoffed at the idea of selling off his 1/3 the methylamine for $5M.

I think he had totally lost sight of why he started making meth in the first place. He didn't tell Skyler until this last episode when lying on the bathroom floor. I think he was finally reminded when Skyler took him to the storage unit to show him how much money he'd made and asked him if it was finally enough. It finally dawned on him that he had done what he had set out to accomplish.

At that point, it went back to really being about family. But for the whole middle of the series, Walt was really acting more in his own self interest.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ego, not greed (IMO) - an attribute I love. Love Michael Jordan for the same reason. He went from a scared, frail, dying man into a man with purpose, then into a mastermind. Living the American dream.

13. Cannonball

I never did. The first 2 weeks, I just watched them on AMC's youtube page where they also have an "inside the episode" commentary and a behind the scenes video plus an extra 15 minute web exclusive of Talking Bad.

Last night they were previewing the next season of The Walking Dead during LWS so they actually showed next weeks promo over the credits.

14. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

....Or is he??

[​IMG]

15. Cannonball

Both Todd's and Jesse's jackets have those little shoulder straps. Walt's doesn't. None of them are the same.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

that was a really good episode

dat confession. Jesse made his last mistake, time for walt to kill this chump.

17. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Incredible... Obviously he doesn't burn the house down. If I had to guess I would think the only thing that would stop Jessie would be Walt Jr. walking in on him. I predict Walt Jr. finally finds about his dad, just not sure how he's going to react. Everyone else's reaction so far has been expected but Walt Jr's could be negative or positive.

18. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Man I cant wait until it gets to that part where Walts house is abandoned and he has a full head of hair. That seems so far away but you never know.

Remember back when it kept showing the eye of the stuffed animal in the pool? Then kept going on for a good handful of episodes until the planes finally crashed? I wonder if we will see a little bit more on the next opening scene.

19. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I just don't see Walt killing Jesse. I think when he gave Jesse that hug, it was genuine. I truely think Walt looks at Jesse as his son. Not at the beginning, but later on. I know he manipulated Jesse over the seasons, but he also manipulated his own son (so that Jr. won't go over to Marie's house).

I know there is no way to resolve the conflict, but if Jesse dies, I don't think it would be because Walt put a bullet in him. Walt may indirectly caused him to die though.

Anyone know (or guessed) the significance of the blood on the shoe at the beginning of the episode?

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

Samuel L. Jackson is a badass. Decked out in Heisenberg gear on Talking Bad...love it.