1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 2, 2012.

1. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Probably not. I've seen a lot of stuff on IMDb that never came to fruition.

2. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Are you guys seeing this police chase around Houston today?? I think I have an idea of who's driving.

[​IMG]

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Can't be. Windshield isn't broken.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL...

I think he sold it for $50 and got a Chrysler300.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Lol did anybody just see Heisenberg get tased? Awesome.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Na. But I imagine it means they are producing a pilot.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like Saul but I dunno if he can carry a show.

Rocket River

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

If Gilligan thinks it's a good idea then I will definitely give it a chance.

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i think he can if he gets good support from well thought out and interesting clients of his.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Could you refresh? I thought Gus told those twins could kill Hank to hold them over from killing Walt? He made that phone call too?

11. Cannonball

Having David Cross play a client would be kind of awesome.

12. Cannonball

In the episode "Kafkaesque" (309), a couple of episodes after the one where Hank survives the attack ("One Minute"), Walt goes to talk with Gus at the chicken farm.

Walt tells Gus that "someone" called Hank before attack to warn him. He believes that he was the real target and that "this person" was protecting him by steering the assassins towards Hank. He also believes that "this person" was playing a "much deeper game". That "this person" wanted a public shootout, and not a silent assassination, which would set both the American and Mexican governments against the cartel and cut off the meth supply from Mexico to the Southwest. And if "this person" had his own supply of meth on this side of the border then he would have the market cornered. Walt then says that he can't pretend that person isn't Gus. Walt knows he owes his life to Gus and he respects his strategy.

In the previous episode, Gus got a phone call from Juan Bolsa, a cartel boss. Bolsa tells Gus that the Federales have surrounded his house. DEA agent got shot, Washington starts barking, D.F. has to put on a big show, and now he has Federales in his rose bushes. He thinks Gus was involved in the death of the cousins. When Gus asks what purpose it would serve him, Bolsa speculates that maybe Gus wants to go off on his own.

So yes, Gus sent the cousins after Hank AND he warned Hank. The attempted assassination of a US DEA agent by the Cartel created a stir. Increased scrutiny dried up the cartel's supply of meth into the American Southwest. And Gus Fring reaped the benefits by taking up the slack. If Gus hadn't warned Hank, perhaps the cousins just kill him and disappear, giving no one reason to suspect the cartel.

#1712 Cannonball, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Cool, thanks for that. I watched that 2 hour refresher and my god, you forgot, or at least I forget a lot of stuff that happened. Like the scene where Jesse goes to Mexico with Gus to teach them to cook and he starts acting like a boss and telling everybody what to do. Amazing stuff.

14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I don't think he'll have to. His clients could add a great dynamic to the show. Saul would be the one constant, maybe even wisen up and develop throughout the series as he sees more and more situations. His character in Breaking Bad has developed from his first appearance as well, albeit very slightly.

Each season could focus on 2-3 clients with Saul having to multitask each respective goal. Conflicts, manipulation to achieve Saul's ulterior motive, and cameos sound like good starting points. I think the show has potential if it ever came to fruition.

15. Cannonball

Well, I just did a marathon before these last episodes started, so everything's pretty fresh in my mind.

16. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I really wish the breaking dead theory could come to fruition

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What's the theory?

18. Cannonball

Somebody cooks a bad batch of the blue meth that ends up infecting people and creating the zombie apocalypse.

Breaking Bad and Walking Dead take place in the same universe.

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the conspiracy theorist in me thinks that the whole "saul gets his own spin-off" is just a clever ruse to throw us off and make us assume that saul lives thru the remainder of the show. they have been so tight lipped about everything so why would they put so much effort into letting us know about the spin-off?

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Walt kill Saul with ricin so he doesn't spill the beans on Brock. Boom!