1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform Change

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Weatherby, Apr 21, 2013.

1. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

why not have a few different designs thrown out there for fun and let the fans decide what jerseys they want to buy.

look at what yahoo is doing with their logo.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

why can't we just get project 34 going!

3. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Those were only worn once, on Christmas day, and now they're going with the sleeved jerseys for this Christmas...sorry buddy

4. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I also loved the clean look of the Project 34 designs. As a few others have already mentioned, in order to come up with a more timeless look, I too believe the color scheme needs to be red and white, with the gold only coming into play as an accent, appearing mostly via the logo. I also think a tip of the cap to the old wordmarks are in order. They were unique, though they could do with some modernization...here are the home unis I had worked on in my concept, with my admittedly feeble Corel skills...

[​IMG]
    free image hosting

5. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

These are nice, but they remind me of the cavs uniforms from Lebron era.

I still prefer something like the Knicks uniforms and having the same font as our yellow and red.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

7. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I love the championship uniforms, no contest. Red and mustard, the full hot dog uni. Can't be beat; let's relive the past in more ways than one.

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Why do we need black?

I love our road alts. I wish the organization would make those our primary road uniforms, make a home white version as well as a new, yellow alt.

And, for the hell of it, lets make a 'Houston' color uniform set, tailored after our cities flag. Blue and white.

10. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I love the modern take on a classic. Nice job!

11. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

The above jersey ain't bad, but I don't like the numbering. Change that and it will look nice. I also thing the slant in the name should not be brought back. While it is nostalgic, I think that aligning the text straight will modernize the classic. Keep the lower case "t" and font of the championship jerseys.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

^^ Anyone? :)

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Spelling "ROCKEtS" with a lowercase "t" is ridiculous. Looked ridiculous on the 80's unis as well.

No to that typography variation and no to the "yellow" color. That is all.

14. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

15. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

Sorry stupid iPhone won't let me post the picture. I'll repost when I get home

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. hiephopp

hiephopp Member

Yeah thanks!

18. dream2franchise

Sorry man. I got me some responsibilities! Family, work etc. But for what it's worth I'm doing a series of tutorials about how to achieve the same look. First one is up now:

http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/2013/08/23/tutorial-intro/

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Cool! Hope you'll come up with new Rockets uniform designs soon if you ever find the time. Would love to see something clean cut, unique, and classic as well. I really like the modern necklines that you've been designing but i prefer the classic slim shoulder/sleeve part. Big fan of your work!

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Vipers are big time now. Rockets, not so much.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Those all black sleeved uni's vipers wore last night were cold! <a href="https://twitter.com/SiP03">@SiP03</a> <a href="http://t.co/horbNQaF5Y">pic.twitter.com/horbNQaF5Y</a></p>&mdash; Michael Williams (@mikeawilliams01) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikeawilliams01/statuses/414514740958732288">December 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>