1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Carville: 'Ted Cruz Is the Most Talented, Fearless Republican Politician I’ve Seen in 30 Years'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, May 6, 2013.

1. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Wait what? Are you saying implement the law of the appeal of ACA or ACA itself? Maybe he could implement the appeal if it passed one of the 30+ times the house has tried.

From the article:

“I think I want to challenge Obamacare on all fronts, but that’s a bridge too far for me,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told TPM in the Capitol on Tuesday. “As much as I want to replace Obamacare I’m not going to deny Social Security payments, funding of the military and the FBI at a time of great national security concerns. I think that’s a bridge too far."

Cruz's plan is to choke off funding for ALL government as leverage to appeal ACA.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/ted-cruz-republicans-obamacare-94950.html?hp=t3_3

The Texas freshman senator and his senior aides are unleashing a barrage of attacks on their fellow Republicans for refusing to support their plan to choke off Obamacare as a condition for funding the government. Cruz’s chief of staff is lambasting fellow conservatives like Oklahoma’s Tom Coburn for serving in the “surrender caucus.” His top political strategist has compared Mitch McConnell to Barack Obama. And the senator himself has said many Republicans are “scared” to wage this fight.

AND

Some Republicans point out that even if funding for Obamacare is eliminated in the continuing resolution, much of the law will still stand because of mandatory health care spending enacted under the Affordable Care Act. Many Republicans have stark memories from the Clinton-era shutdown fights and believe the GOP took the lion’s share of the blame for a politically disastrous fight.

2. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

That article is all sorts of wrong

The plan they are advocating is the House pass a bill that fully funds the govt, minus Obamacare. It is not to choke off all government funding.

And the 1995 shutdown was not politically disastrous. The GOP gained two Senate seats in 1996 and still kept control of the House. Which led to them being able to pass welfare reform and balanced budgets. In what way is that "disasterous"?

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

this. X1000

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Can you show me where that it quoted as the plan? It sure seems like a bunch of senators and reps don't see it that way.

Politically disastrous in that the GOP took the blame and image hit.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Apparently Republican Lindsey Graham sees it differently. I think I'll take his word over yours considering he has actually been in the room for the discussions.

7. Commodore

Lindsey Graham is not proposing to defund Obamacare.

Mike Lee is proposing defunding Obamacare. And he says his plan is to fund the entire government minus Obamacare. You need not take my word, it's the exact proposal of the people trying to do it.

Great panel recently with Cruz/Paul/Lee.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gzqEyC1GFBo#9m28s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

political blackmail

[​IMG]

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know who Ted Cruz or this other guy.

Nobodies.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

By the way, if you post political stuff in the D&D, you will absolutely love House Of Cards on Netflix.

11. DwightHoward13

Logical Fallacy. I do not accept that postulate.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. Commodore

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h0Pz_Suu4kA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Cruz will renounce Canadian citizenship

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) announced Monday evening that he will renounce his Canadian citizenship, less than 24 hours after a newspaper pointed out that the Canadian-born senator likely maintains dual citizenship.

“Now the Dallas Morning News says that I may technically have dual citizenship,” Cruz said in a statement. “Assuming that is true, then sure, I will renounce any Canadian citizenship. Nothing against Canada, but I’m an American by birth and as a U.S. senator; I believe I should be only an American.”

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Did Obama ever renounce his Kenyan citizenship, since his father was Kenyan?

I already like Cruz better than Barack.

16. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I guess Cruz should renounce his Cuban citizenship as well?

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

We can understand why

18. Nook

Nook Member

Was Obama born in Kenya?

Was Cruz born in Canada?

If Cruz was born in Canada, does that both you if he chooses to run for President? Does he have loyalty to Canada first? Do we have the same interests as Canada?

Is this WHOLE thing much ado about nothing?....... I tend to think so, then again I thought the non sense about Obama was nothing as well..... I am sure you are consistent in your beliefs as well.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think every conservative should ask themselves if they are comfortable with a candidate for the Republican nomination being born in Canada. It should be discussed at the debates amongst the candidates.

I would just like to go on record that I have no problem with the GOP candidate being born in Canada.

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His father was born in Cuba and fought for Castro, for christ's sake. Something's not right. I'm thinking.... Manchurian Candidate.