1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: Dream big, be yourself

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TTNN, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

So making a youtube video is now tantamount to being a highly conceited fame w****? Do you feel this strongly about Parsons attending every media event under the sun in the offseason? You need to be consistent in your outrage

2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Uh, did you even watch the video.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pro athlete?

2 people like this.
  4. foofo

foofo Member

I presume these Asia tours (e.g. Harden to Taiwan, Howard to China, etc) were arranged by agent/sponsor. The date might be decided even a year ago. Don't think any NBA star can say no!

Lin was actually very quiet compared against the last summer.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Highly conceited:

[​IMG]

:cool:

6. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Yes, that's what they are. Even as a rookie, the NBA and Nike had him go to China but he wasn't as popular.

Jeremy did similar things last season including the press conferences and basketball camp. Also added in the Christian testimony for his obvious faith.

7. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I call that most NBA players' dream. Many players are doing these things, most players would want to do these things, some players are not doing these things because they don't have the "fame" but they tweet 20 times a day.

It's not so much about what you said (umm...we don't really care), it's how you said it. There's too much hate in your comment. Go back to read it. Ask a friend, ask a teacher, ask a parent, ask a decent person.

And doing all these things does not contradict with him being nice, humble, and religious. It is no secret that Jeremy wants to use his "fame" platform to spread Jesus' message - that Jesus loves you. Hopefully that message will get to you some day.

8. Champ06

Champ06 Member

This does not sound right. Celebrities can be fame w**** and yet humble in live, or rather than a fame w****, he just like to do what he is doing beside basketball is spreading message, a preacher.

9. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I wonder which game is that?:(

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And you are what I call a fake Rockets fan.

Real Rockets fans don't go around causing trouble on their own team boards by trolling other fans.

1 person likes this.
  11. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

I wish I could rep you a million times

12. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Good video, I'm a much bigger fan of Jeremy Lin now, good stuff. It's pretty honest interview, gave us a light into his personality and insecurity. More players should do this and show us that honesty. Really really good speech.

#52 wizkid83, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Or he's a positive person, a man of god and spread positivism and faith to the world?

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

nah don't you know SSPallyear knows him personally

15. dragician

dragician Member

you sound like the real w****.

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Stop feeding the troll.

He's just a fame w****.

SMH.

17. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Good day to grow your ignore lists guys...

18. lakedragon

lakedragon Member

I have to disagree what you say. The reason is very simple, Lin has been doing this way before he is Linsanity. That's his dream, to help people and to spread God's word. Here is the video for the event in 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02z3UPflyoA to prove it.

He also make youtube videos before with his friend every so often way before Linsanity.

So how is he suddenly become a fame w**** by doing the same thing for all these years?

There are 18,000 seats in the arena but over 20,000 people shown up. Many were crying while listen to Lin. I believe Lin help a lot of people in the crowd. He is doing what he loves and is doing a good job. That's why he get his fame, not by posting some youtube videos.

19. eomor131

eomor131 Member

True.

20. manning

manning Member

I'd rather put this.English only.;)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3aH9GTJDEmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>