1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Transgender in California can now use the same Bathrooms/Locker Rooms in public schools

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketManJosh, Aug 12, 2013.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is very complicated.

2. treeman

treeman Member

So, I haven't seen the obvious mentioned yet.

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER KIDS IN THE BATHROOM?!?

Perhaps the other you know, ACTUAL girls, don't want a little boy with identity issues coming into the restroom and taking a leak in the next stall, then fluffing his hair next to them as they blabber about who would kiss the best? Or maybe the other little boys wouldn't want Mary the Confused to stroll in while they've all got their dicka hanging out at the urinals, and then stand there while they all talk about which girl has cooties?

Seriously. You guys are SO FREAKING WORRIED about how little confused boy/girl/whatever is feeling, you haven't stopped to consider who all the other people who would have to share that facility with a member of the opposite sex would feel? Why is THAT not a major consideration?

And before you answer, consider how comfortable you would feel having a member of the opposite sex come into a restroom while you've got Thor the Gigantus hanging out spewing his waste into a urinal, and she just stands at the mirror, staring at your reflection... Maybe goes to the urinal next to you and pretends to piss, too. Looks over the divider...

This is FREAKING RIDICULOUS. The fact that so many of you see nothing wrong this is astounding. Absurd. And I am not even talking about the identity challenged individual here, I am talking about the fact that NOBODY is considering what the other kids want - or more accurately, DON'T want.

Twilight Zone.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Bigotry. Bigotry everywhere.
    To be honest, some of you opposing this actually have some valid points. This definitely is a grey area in my opinion. I really don't know whats right which way.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Gay folks are in all of those locker rooms already, changing, showering, and ogling the straight kids of course. Civilization has yet to collapse.

5. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Locker rooms were always a paradox to me while growing up.

It was the only place where being nude with the same sex was not only standard, but not joining in on the all male showering/stripping actually made you a pariah. If anything, a transgender in our high school locker room might have tipped the scales back towards hetero behavior.

In the end, the locker room distinction has to be based on the equipment you currently own. Post-Op? Good luck on the new team. Pre-Op? Sorry. They aren't separated based on what gender role you identify with. They're separated because locker rooms are meant to be business, while seeing the opposite sex nude stays personal.

6. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

If its a non issue why is it an issue

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

So in order to make a very small percentage of the population comfortable California is willing to make the majority uncomfortable???

This is ridiculous. Political Correctness gone mad.

Why not just make a Gay, Bi or Trans Gender toilet facility?

I would not allow my daughters to share a toilet, change room or private facility with a man, no matter how much he 'feels like' a woman.

In order to give gays, bi-sexuals & Trans genders their 'rights', we are slowly infringing on ours...but now I'm going to be labeled a bigot or homophobic because I don't want my rights or my daughters rights to privacy infringed upon to accommodate someone who is either confused about their sexuality, or using the law to gratify their perversions.

The world is going mad.

#27 IzakDavid13, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Old treetard should really stick with his pretend veteran comfort zone.

Read the thread bra. The person who is "so freakin worried" is Rocket man Josh who has successfully sleuthed out the transgender transgressor who perpetrates bathroom sexytime in lieu of honest defecation as a sufficiently counterweighted societal I'll.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why were blacks allowed in white restaurants? They only make a small percentage of the population. Why make a change that makes the majority uncomfortable?

I think it is gray area, but you could make the same argument that many people have made before for the majority to keep the status quo.

10. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

11. juicystream

juicystream Member

I don't really like it. Privacy for everyone would be best, but that won't happen.

I hate locker rooms. I don't want to be around naked guys, and I don't want to be naked around them.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I'm seeing a lot of insecurity here (Oh no someone is going to look at my gigantic schlong while I pee). A lot of this is handled by just basic respect. I mean do any of you feel the urge to go and look at other people's genitalia while in a publicn bathroom?

When I was a Freshman in college, now over 20 years ago. I lived on a co-ed floor and we had a co-ed bathroom with no problems. It probably made all of us more respectful of each others privacy than less.

Also as noted in the article:
    [rquoter]He also noted that the state's largest school district, Los Angeles Unified, has had such a policy for nearly a decade and reported no problems. San Francisco schools also have had a policy similar to the new law, and numerous other districts signed on in support of the legislation.
    [/rquoter]

It sounds like CA has already tried this so this without reported problems.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There should be a unisex bathroom available at each institution. Anyone going through "an identity" crisis should have access to this. Yes it is a discriminatory method, but the TG folks wont be ridiculed by normal kids...and normal kids wont have to feel awkward having to share with someone they arent comfortable with...

After reading some of the posts so far, there are many that strongly invoke the rightly justified response in regards to asking how this affects normal kids...It is this voice that is no longer heard...

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Is a "transgender" the same thing as a shemale?

please advise

15. treeman

treeman Member

Ana again, no one gives a s^it about the other kids' rights...

Little girls don't want a confused boy in their restroom or locker room, and little boys do not want a confused girl in their locker room. We are not talking about a gay person here who can hide what they are, we are talking about a member of the opposite sex.

We have separate facilities for the simple reason that member of each gender don't want to share those facilities with members of the opposite sex. This in effect says that there's no need anymore for separate facilities.

So, take it to its logical conclusion. Why not just have unisex restrooms and locker rooms for everyone? :rolleyes:

Ridiculous. And don't blabber to me about bigotry, it's not bigotry to consider what the other 99% of the population wants. It is astounding that no one seems to give a crap what everyone else wants.

16. treeman

treeman Member

No, these are the little girls who tell everyone they feel like a boy, or little boys who feel like a girl. They are still biologically the sex they were born as.

They are whatever sex they identify as, biology be damned. Or so goes the thinking.

17. itstheyear3030

Personally, I agree with you that this is a difficult-to-justify grey area, but the "voice" has been heard. Do you really think no one brought up this concern in deliberation? And yet, it still passed. If you have a problem with assuming that this represents the will of the majority, then your real issue is with representative democracy or the way American politics functions. In the coming months, when this legislation is challenged in court, we'll see the extent to which this legislation is supported by the public and by constitutional law.

18. hlcc

hlcc Member

Good thing this logic didn't apply during the civil rights movement.

19. treeman

treeman Member

Er, this is not a civil rights issue. You have no civil right to use public facilities intended for the opposite gender. And if you think you do, why don't you try using the opposite gender's facilities in public places and see how it works out for you? You'll likely end up in handcuffs. And for good reason.

Seriously, they are FORCING all of the other kids to share the facilities with members of the opposite sex. Any normal parent should be outraged by this. I for one would NOT want my kid to have to change his clothes, crap, and pee in front of a girl. It is absurd to force kids to have to endure that.

I am pretty sure a WHOLE bunch of outraged parents are going to be filing on this one real quick. This is certainly a violation of the other 99% of kids' rights.

Jesus, you wonder why the homeschooling movement is growing? It's because of nonsense like this.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Just like at one point blacks did not have the civil right to do the same thing white people did. Its all relative.