1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mystery Priest performs miracle in Missouri

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Aug 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

2. tomato

tomato Member

I lose mysterious angel socks in the dryer all the time, but this is nice.

3. dragician

dragician Member

It was the Zimmerman.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yahoo News is full of crap; that's all I got out of this story and anything else I've read over there.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Close thread now. The based pouhe has spoken.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

7. conquistador#11

mystery priest should show up to an astros game! maybe hit 4th for us.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, I don't read or watch any of those sources for credible news. CNN is the least dubious cable news network, but they're just as desperate for page hits and ratings to repeat this crap. Dumb sites posting a dumb, phony story on a day of the week when the most gullible people are most likely to believe it.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Not really surprised a Catholic priest would show up. There was a teenager trapped in the car after all.

1 person likes this.
  10. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Give facts that this is phony.

11. underoverup

underoverup Member

Too bad he didn't prevent the wreck in the first place.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Angels and miracles don't exist, they're literary concepts meant to balance perspective in the face of adverse or morally questionable outcomes. Commercial journalists have an incentive to bypass their traditional standards and present this as truth on a day when people are most likely to believe and respond to the story. Now you can stop hiding behind redundant hyperlinks and admit you naively believe in angels.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Admit that your original excuse of being "Yahoo news" was wrong, and now you're backpedaling. Admit that you're having trouble discussing the article in the OP because you can't get away from vague philosophical assumptions.

Personally, I don't believe in articles like this and it doesn't really change my beliefs in anything. But I am genuinely curious to hear more facts come to light and it seems like it would be much more useful to discuss what might have actually, factually happened here instead of insulting others with defensive atheism.

2 people like this.
  14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm not backpedaling at all. Yahoo News allows user-generated submissions by non-professional journalists, it would stand to reason that editorially they're less critical of questionable stories such as this, especially when there's an obvious commercial and promotional motive to post this story on a Sunday. The story is crap because angels and miracles aren't real, that was implied as much in my initial post. That's not a philosophical assumption, either; they were literary devices meant to symbolize moral balance, and there are no facts anywhere to document their existence. Incidentally not believing in angels or crap stories like this has nothing to do with atheism.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

OK... OK... admit it. Who among you pretended to be a priest and saved the people?

16. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

LOL your main argument is flawed because you didn't even check the post date. August 8TH

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That particular aspect of one of my arguments is flawed. But the fact that you felt like posting it a Sunday just transfers the deceit from them to you as the OP.

18. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

You know why? Because I go to church and I heard about it there. So I decided to post about it when I got home. Is there a problem with that?

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm not particularly religious, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate something uplifting. I never understood why some people feel the need to venomously put down everything having to do with not only the concept of God, but anything even pertaining to something we can't understand. Does it make you that uncomfortable? Or do you really hate the idea of God so much that you make it your personal mission to be angry at other people over a concept? We are still in very infant stages of understanding the world. As a matter of fact, we still aren't clear what consciousness is. Who are you to tell everyone else what to think in such an abrasive manner? One thing I've realized is that many people have a problem with religion because it is constantly pushed upon them. This is understandable. You and many others like yourself, embody the same action only worse. I suggest perhaps reading some books on quantum physics. There is an increasing wealth of information at your disposal and maybe with a little more knowledge you'd realize that our views of the world are rapidly changing. At the very least, be happy. A girl survived a horrific accident. There is no need for you to bring hate into this.

6 people like this.