1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There's Really NOTHING WRONG with USING Performance Enhancing Drugs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SSP365, Aug 5, 2013.

1. SSP365

SSP365 Member

stop being dumb brah (only hipster dbag morons use the word "brah").

Regulation in terms of quality, effectiveness, and safety of peds made available.

There's still food, alcohol and gun regulations whether someone decides to eat, drink or shoot themselves to death.

Nice sarcastic condescending logic fail there asswipe.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Y U MAD THOUGH? IM JUST LIKE YOU BRAH.

Food regulations?
    Alcohol regulations?
    Gun regulations?

DAMN GOVERNMENT INFRINGING ON OUR RIGHTS. I'm just like you BRAH. I just want the government to leave me alone and let me do whatever I want, regardless of the implications it has for the rest of society.

Its just unamerican not to juice up our kids to LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD. MURICA!

(Also lol at brah being hipster. Right. Get out more.)

3. SSP365

SSP365 Member

ill just quote the posters who commented on the article:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yfvVlYEiYws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. SSP365

SSP365 Member

more fake sarcastic condescending comments from our pink collar popping braheme.

Yea you should go out more elton. Dont forget your wristbands "brah."

5. RedRedemption

Regardless of whether it is the sole cause of death.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/10/sports/10steroids.html?_r=0

You are telling me it's okay to let people use something this ridiculously harmful?
    At some point you can't keep saying "correlation does not equal causation". At some point, there is a causation.

#85 RedRedemption, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Why are you being so rude for!!

7. RedRedemption

Lol someone is mad. :)

I have no problems or guilt being condescending and sarcastic to a complete ****ing moron who thinks its okay to ENCOURAGE PED use. If there are really no negative side effects then by all means feel free to juice your kids, do you juice yourself? These aren't ****ing gladiators. There is a limit to what we should encourage for the sake of entertainment. If something like steroids is linked to tendon, ligament, and kidney damage then we shouldn't encourage that just for the sake of competition.

Those are people suiting up to play for whatever respective sport they are playing for. Not gladiators.

Also, I'm not some jackass that comes out with a grandiose title like "There's Really NOTHING WRONG with USING Performance Enhancing Drugs" like its some sort of fact. Its controversial for a reason. There are problems, you just cherry pick the advantages to make it seem like there are no problems.

#87 RedRedemption, Aug 9, 2013
  8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Just because other people cheat doesn't mean I'm gonna cheat. Yes I will take creatine, but you operate within the parameters at hand, if you choose to break them thats person X's decision, and they will deal with the consequences of it. Not everyone plays a sport to be Lebron Freaking James.

9. SSP365

SSP365 Member

It is harmful because of its illegality. If it was legalized it would legitimized and would have to meet certain safety regulations. It would be prescribed and monitored by a physician etc.

There is inherent risk in everything that you do. Every food, drug, and activity that you do partake in. Not all peds are harmful and one in the same and used for building insane looking muscles for body building competition.

Nice false equivalency with your body building article.

10. RedRedemption

Yeah man. All those athletes juicing up for competition will just love using the watered down safer version of PEDs. Are we forgetting why they are taking them in the first place? I'd much rather have a serious crackdown and enforce harsher restrictions on PEDs than legalize it and encourage those athletes that want to maintain their edge to ramp up their use in frequency and intensity.

Oh by the way dude. Thread title. There is NOTHING Wrong with PED use.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.

You lost the moment CometsWin posted the side effects of the drug. LOL.
    Hey but goodnight though, this really wasn't a D&D topic I was real passionate about, I just wanted to see you tick brah.

#90 RedRedemption, Aug 9, 2013
  11. SSP365

SSP365 Member

nice passive aggressive retort.

Someone ran out of lame, illogical, sarcastic analogies.

not encouraging anybody. merely pointing out the hypocrisy, ignorance, and stupidity, of brainwashed nincompoops like yourself being played like a fiddle by the media into demonizing athletes with your fake moral indignation.

These are professional athletes. grown ass men. If they want to take a drug made available by the ingenuity of men so they can heal quicker, perform at their job better, so they can make good money in a short amount of time, who are you to prevent that from happening?

I know the consequences and so do these athletes who risk their lives to take peds. Nobody is cherry picking anything. I never said there weren't downsides to using steroids. There are. There is inherent risk is every drug, behavior, food even a certain lifestyle. You take a risk anytime you do anything.

12. RedRedemption

You never said there weren't any downsides to taking steroids? Thread title. Nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.

Well, if you want to talk about hypocrisy there it is...

13. SSP365

SSP365 Member

Whose tick? lol at you being able to gauge the disposition of people from behind a computer screen.

lol at you thinking brah make you look slick or something.

and cometwin's post i already covered:

14. RedRedemption

Well hurling out insults is certainly a good indicator. ;)
    So uh when are you going to up it to the next level and start advocating for heroin and meth legalization? Just curious.

I for one think that There's Really NOTHING WRONG with USING Heroin. So obviously it should be legalized because there is an inherent risk in everything you do. If I just realize the consequences I can do anything! You know what man, you are one my favorite posters here.

15. SSP365

SSP365 Member

ive already addressed this.

Yes, philosophically/morally/ there is nothing wrong with wanting to enhance your performance with products made available by the ingenuity of man.

Again, EVERY SINGLE ATHLETE TAKES DRUGS THAT ARE MADE IN PHARMACEUTICAL LABS. Some are legal, some are not. Who gets to decide what is legal & what isnt & what is the justification of those decisions?

Ive made my point with this thread. Ive started the conversation into the morality and illegality of taking peds.

The fact that this thread went this far, and ive been able to express my point on the matter and some posters have agreed with, ive done my job.

As time goes on, more and more people will care less about athletes taking peds while more and more athletes will be taking peds.

Im part of that crowd that is changing the narrative. The Ped genie is out of the bottle. No way of putting it back in.

Just know you are on the wrong side of history....

Brah.

16. SSP365

SSP365 Member

yeaa because heroin and meth can really help an athlete perform better at their job.

another logic fail.

brah.

17. RedRedemption

If an American wants to shoot himself up with heroin to death he has every goddam right to.

2 people like this.
  18. SSP365

SSP365 Member

read the thread.

im only rude to those who are rude to me.

there are people in this site who go straight to personal insults because someone has a politically incorrect thought or statement that doesnt go with their line of thinking and since they cant come up with a salient rebuttal go straight to personal insults.

read the thread.

19. SSP365

SSP365 Member

another irrelevant, illogical, analogy.

20. RedRedemption

How was I rude to you? My first reply was agreeing with everything you said! You completely misunderstand, I think you have a superior IQ just like giddy, and you and him can team up to lead the PED master race.