1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What makes Chandler Parsons an almost-star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wil55n, Aug 1, 2013.

1. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

he is far from allstar level, but he is a very solid starter. he is a high value asset due to his contract.

2. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Thanks for responding and confirming our thoughts on the matter.

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

3. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

dude, all you have to do is pull up his numbers/stats from first year until now. You see the improvement, and point out he was given a real chance in the draft either. the kid proved himself.

4. Sanity2disChaos

^^this....also a consistent jumper would help.Unless he makes a Paul George jump in game and production, I dont see it.

5. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Parsons will not be an allstar, he is at best a good role player. Chandler Parsons cannot create off the dribble for himself.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Personally, I think Parsons' star power comes more from his offseason wooing of Howard and more marketing by his agent Fegan.

Strictly basketball though, I think Parsons upside is more of a Marion/Odom type. It's unlikely he'll ever be chosen as an All-Star, but he can stuff the stat sheet, play good defense, and generally be a very high-end role player. A poor-man's Pippen if you will.

7. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Everyone saying Parsons won't be an All Star.....

1. Kobe said "He'll be a great player for sure"
    2. Gets invited to USA Basketball
    3. Puts up numbers like Harden his rookie and sopohmore year
    4. Doesn't get noticed as an All Star until later AKA James Harden

I'm not saying he will be an All Star, but saying it's impossible? Come on people......
    The guy is following Hardens footsteps SO FAR

8. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Parsons will never shoot 90% FT

The guy barely shoots 70%

9. NotChandlerParsons

He increased his ft% by 15% this season.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yup,that's it. You can tell dudes respect his game. Not only that,against the top shelf guys,he more than holds his own. Big lights nor big games sem to big for him. He's like sam cassell in that manner. He's getting better and now with howard,the game will get a lot easier for him.

11. Sanity2disChaos

Agreed. ?.especially like the poor man Scottie Pippen is accurate and would be great, especially with his contract. Well worth every dollar and he will get paid soon. I hope its on his production and not marketability! Boy groups get old quick! But I hope he can be a robin (2b behind Howard) aka Pippen to our star and leader 13.

12. QuaDouble

QuaDouble Member

He's a very good player and he's our glue guy.

That's enough.

13. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Him shooting 80% that one game before that strange injury of his.

FROM THE ENTIRE FLOOR.

Not even Harden shot that well.

14. sdkrises

sdkrises Member

System player

Parsons is a system player. He fits perfectly in our system right now but if you move him to another team his efficiency will undoubtedly drop. I hope he makes a big jump on the defensive side this year though. We need a lockdown perimeter defender and he's long and lean so he might be our best hope

15. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

I see him as a type

16. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

My bad.

I see him as a Robert Horry type of player. Great role player, hits big shots, great teammate, and 7 championships (all with the Rockets of course) :cool:

17. PatBeverleyFan

18. joesr

joesr Member

He is not almost a star....people who say that are what you call fan-dism.

For how much he gets paid and what he brings on that salary, he is a beast. When he gets his contract there will be a lot of moaning and beeching. Bet.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

no sophomore slump.... numbers.... clutch/big game performace... physicality... leadership... and he stole your gf

20. Flops

Flops Member

Let's not cut the man short. He is young and still has plenty of time to develop his already well-rounded game. Sky is the limit.