1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] West's best, worst offseason moves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t0mdotcom, Aug 1, 2013.

1. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-130801/made-right-wrong-moves-western-conference

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow a lot of butt hurt in here - 3 LA guys -- surprisingly NONE of them said anything good about Howard and the Rockets.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not surprising at all.

[​IMG]

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not to sound like the homer I am, but these ESPN'ers would be a liiiiittle more stoked for Dwight and the Rockets....if they didn't primarily work for Lakers and Clippers forums.

Ah, well. I do agree that the Warriors will be fun to watch. And they made surprisingly strong moves this offseason (jeez, Utah, are draft picks THAT valuable?) even if they had to sacrifice Landry and Jack in the process.

5. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I can't tell if I am biased or if the reporters are biased...I figured Howard would be the consensus best move in the west.

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

LOL. Anyone who says the biggest move of the offseason wasn't Dwight going to the Rockets is trying to hard to be different. That, or they are butthurt Laker homers who need to move the **** on.

Also, Mike Miller is the most intruiging addition to a Western conference team? Haha, okay. Maybe 10 years ago.... Actually, not even 10 years ago.

This article pisses me off. I'm gonna leave this thread before I go off on all of these dumbass "writers" for BSPN.

1 person likes this.
  7. Raven

Raven Member

ESPN is such a joke. They don't even try to hide it.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What is with the Iggy fascination? GSW added another wing player at the expense of Jack, and GSW is already full of promising young wing players. I really don't see how that moves the needle very far, basically they're ceiling is about what Denver was 2 years ago IF they can remain at full health. I feel like people are reaching trying to make more out of something that just isn't a very big acquisition.

9. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Chris Paul re-signing with Clippers and their moves resulting from it. The re-signing happened without much fanfare hence it flew under most people's radar. I'd argue that that team wouldn't even sniff the playoffs without him. Worse than us without Howard.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I kind of agree with you, and he's *definitely* not the "best" move in the west. But he's a clear upgrade for the W's wings. Smart and flexible veteran who can do a lot for your team without the ball. He should have a couple of peak years left in his tank (even though he's played less than 70 games two of the last three seasons).

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's an upgrade, sure. Then Curry misses a game and you realize you lost Jack to add another wing and all of sudden you realize you didn't really get anywhere.

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah, it is silly that Dwight isn't unanimous #1 and the unanimous worst move for LA.

13. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Most intriguing team after new addition is Mike Miller and Jared Dudley ??!! LMAO. What a joke ..

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

The Clippers got a bit better with 2 role playing sharp shooters.

The Rockets got a lot better with getting the best damn center in the NBA, and got shooters themselves.

It's not even close. One team KEPT its star and got some shooters. The other ACQUIRED a star to add to another star, and also added shooters.

Rockets offseason > Every other team's offseason, including the damn Clippers.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

The Doc Rivers fascination is a joke.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Jack is much better to have behind Curry's fragile ankles -- that's a great point.

If you suddenly ask Iggy to shoot a lot, well...