1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>21 yr old Terrence Jones in tears, waiting to be processed so he can leave court building. <a href="https://twitter.com/KATUNews">@KATUNews</a></p>&mdash; Emily Sinovic (@EmilySinovic) <a href="https://twitter.com/EmilySinovic/statuses/362685053182025728">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Obligatory "Should I evacuate?"

:cool:

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

How on earth is this a second strike? The accident from this article listed him as a passenger of a vehicle that got hit by another driver charged with a DUI.

People make mistakes. Stupid thing to do if true, but c'mon...the organization should cut/trade him and screw his future because of one minor indiscretion? If the team really cares about its players, as they have shown in the past, then they would work with him and ensure it never happens again, be it a mentor, counseling or just emotional support.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol..

5. SevenMinuteAbs

"I sawed man with beard sleeping outside after I had too many to drink and danced a lot. I gave this man food. He made me laugh. I have good night but my head hurts in this morning ;-))))))))))))"

1 person likes this.
  6. craguin

craguin Member

It's a "bad judgement" strike...

7. Since75

Since75 Member

Judge not lest ye be judged. In this context "judge" means to condemn which means "not fit for use". No one and I mean no one should be condemning Jones as a person. You can condemn his actions and they were wrong if true. Everyone needs to really take a step back for a moment and realize that "everyone" at some point in their lives have or will do something that they regret, and also have gotten away with. Jones apparently got caught. He will pay the price with his pocket as well as his public image. We the public and so called "fans" shouldn't be ready to deem him unfit for society.

Anyone of us would want to be forgiven, but remember this: If you don't forgive you won't be forgiven.

Now I know there will be many who will take an opportunity to be silly and ignorant and downright mean by this post. Personally I could care less how you feel. The reality is that everyone needs to look in the mirror before coming down so strongly on another person. Think about how you would want to be treated and viewed.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rocket_Man_2.0

Why lord..why!!..:( did have to Terrence Jones...:mad:

9. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Fixed.

10. H-townRedOx

H-townRedOx Member

how is it "bad judgement"? he hadn't had a drink that night. are you really gonna say anyone out at 2 AM is using "bad judgement"?

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

The homeless man must've attacked him..he doesn't seem like the person to just stomp somebody...:(

12. dje243

dje243 Member

What's funny is if you look on espn, the link to the terrence Jones story on the NBA page says: Cops: Rockets' Jones injures Homeless man. Kind of dumb considering all the reports have said that the man was not injured. If he were, Jones would have been charged with assault.

13. Since75

Since75 Member

No actually police officers do! This generalization and perpetual lie about professional athletes needs to stop. Grow up people!

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A minor injury is still an injury

15. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Hopefully this incident humbles him. He seems like a dick but maybe this will change his outlook. I'd give him another chance.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Maybe he overheard the two homeless guys discussing how he would never be as good as D-Mo or Greg Smith, and that all he'll amount to is a salary filler in the coming Jeremy Lin trade.

17. trock

trock Member

What's he crying for?

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So wolves aren't people now? Racist!

19. jayland

jayland Member

Not saying it is right. But it isn't like Jones put the homeless guy in the hospital or a wheel chair. The cop that saw him said he just kicked/stomped the guy once. It isn't like Jones pulled an Aaron Hernandez and deserves to be locked up. He should apologize and probably pay off the homeless guy.

20. Raven

Raven Member

His only defense is that he thought the guy was dead and wanted to make sure he was OK. Extremely weak, but it's all he's got. Expect a payoff, with charges dropped, or a payoff, followed by a plea. The payoff will cost him less than 100k, and his plea will require a few hundred hours of community service. I would also expect the NBA to suspend him a few games.