1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. omax

omax Member

Well I think that it is up to his lawyer and the Rockets to take care of.

It's a big deal because stepping on a homeless man, even if drunk, is totally stupid. He needs to look inside of himself and realize that was wrong.

But no, there is no reason just to cut him or trade him because of this.
    It's not like he killed someone (football joke).

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Congratulations, Terrence. You are officially worse than Royce White.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Terrence Jones meeting with attorney before court appearance <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23liveonk2&amp;src=hash">#liveonk2</a> <a href="http://t.co/Hi5UxRCKiR">http://t.co/Hi5UxRCKiR</a></p>&mdash; Emily Sinovic (@EmilySinovic) <a href="https://twitter.com/EmilySinovic/statuses/362676001941102592">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Terrence Jones won't comment on his way into court, but attorney says Jones did not stomp on the homeless man. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LiveOnK2&amp;src=hash">#LiveOnK2</a></p>&mdash; Emily Sinovic (@EmilySinovic) <a href="https://twitter.com/EmilySinovic/statuses/362678007984427011">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Terrence Jones pleads not guilty. <a href="http://t.co/tY6edFsKRy">pic.twitter.com/tY6edFsKRy</a></p>&mdash; Emily Sinovic (@EmilySinovic) <a href="https://twitter.com/EmilySinovic/statuses/362681806442602496">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Terrence Jones atty: &quot;this isn't a criminal matter&quot;--Jones won't comment. Allowed to travel after posting bail. Next Court date Sept 6.</p>&mdash; Emily Sinovic (@EmilySinovic) <a href="https://twitter.com/EmilySinovic/statuses/362683284829904900">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>

4. Raven

Raven Member

For what, a bag of Doritos? What little trade value he had, and it wasn't a lot, has now bottomed out. I suppose the Rockets could still move him, but it would probably be for peanuts.

To put this in perspective, not even Cousins has done something this gross and stupid.

And now there is even more pressure on Morey to find another four.

5. jayland

jayland Member

The report was Jones was drunk after leaving the bar. People do stupid things all the time when their drunk. The homeless guy wasn't really injured. Maybe just a bruise. So Jones should issue a public apology, pay the homeless guy off, and all should be forgiven.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why didn't the T-Wolves trade or release Kevin Love after he stomped Scola with millions watching & cameras rolling?

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'm trying to imagine Motiejunas stomping on a homeless dude's leg and it's not working.

8. thiefery

thiefery Member

Exactly

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Even for drunk people, even for stupid drunk people, stomping on the homeless is pretty far off the spectrum of normal/acceptable behavior.

10. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I really feel like we don't know the whole story.... And there isn't all this evidence against him( at least yet, if any)

So of u guys need to calm down.

Innocent until proven guilty.

11. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Lol....... That's funny

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wouldv'e it been better had he stomped a millionaire?

see Kevin Love.

He did something stupid & luckily no one was seriously hurt. He'll have to pay a price and move on.

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's horrible behavior.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't know why this is funny. I hope laughing my ass off at this whole thing doesn't make me a sociopath or something.

15. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Well i guess Tjones wanted to keep us entertained during this slow season

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Lol @ feigen stating at the end of the article how many games he played for the rox. Jones days are numbered ;)

17. H-townRedOx

H-townRedOx Member

18. MonKing

MonKing Member

The 4 for the Rockets is like the retail place in your neighborhood that is always turning over to new restaurants. Or the drummer in Spinal Tap.

19. Asian Sensation

I feel like VooDoo is all about the marketing and gimmicks. From the bright pink interiors to the, crazy toppings like Lucky Charms, Cap N Crunch, to the weird donut shaped like someones genitals... it's definitely funky and weird which appealing to Portlandia. Of course a lot of people like the crazy "out there" stuff which is what made voodoo such a great success especially amongst tourists as a must try destination. If you liked Voodoo I don't blame you for wanting to go back.. it's pretty good. However, if you've already tried Voodoo and want to try other good spots or just want some plain ol good donuts I'd recommend the following.

Blue Star Donuts- They're creative yet gourmet at the same time. They have some funky creations like Voodoo but more upscale. The place is clean and the donuts don't leave you with a disgusting fatty feeling like Voodoo does. This place is not cheap in terms of donuts but neither is voodo. Bonus... there's no crazy line outside like Voodoo

Delicious Donuts- Inexpensive, traditional and delicious like the name says. No gimmicks here... just plain fresh goodness.

Coco Donuts- Always fresh and they have this amazing lavendar donut.

20. Raven

Raven Member

You're right on both counts, but I can't imagine any scenario where a leg stomp is justified.