1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cris Carter's top 10 NFL receivers (BSPN)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rmoreno, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Andre's numbers could go down this year... but more because of having a solid second threat in Hopkins (as opposed to OD being the #2) rather than simply declining skills.

As long as AJ80 is healthy, he's still got enough athleticism to catch balls over smaller/weaker corners. If Anquan Boldin can be a difference maker on a Super Bowl team, so can AJ80.

2. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

First of all, ESPN produces nothing but garbage.

Second of all, Chris Carter wasn't as special as he thinks he is and is overrated by his fellow ESPN'ers. He was in a very pass heavy team (Like Calvin) and he wasn't even the best player on his team. He's super butthurt over the whole Randy Moss thing. He may be 9th all time in receiving but yards don't equate to success and overall greatness.

Lastly, Dre has been a top five receiver his entire career. He's been producing even without a legit QB most of his career, and by the end of the day he's pissed because Dre will surpass him on that all time list. Simply because the dude is the most quite superstar in the NFL and he's been apart of one of the worst Franchises of the past decade he gets knocked because he isn't flash or on the main stage as everyone else is. I'd take Dre in his prime over every receiver all time but Rice.

3. 45souf

45souf Member

Didn't he leave out Calvin Johnson last year? And Andre Johnson had over 1500 yards, he can't get in the top 10? Face Palm, no scratch that, Double Face Palm Cris

4. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I remember him saying Calvin was not in the top five two years ago. He sounded like a hater then and he sound like one now. He may be mad because AJ and Calvin might get into the hall before him.

5. T-mac&Yao=RING

You would seriously take Dre in his prime over Moss in his prime? And do not factor in charter

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have no problem with is list...

If it was "Top 10 WRs for 2013-14"

Instead he says top 10 going into the year, which means that Andre's previous season should carry over into the next season. He's not on a 'Prove it' basis, he's proved it for many years now...wtf.

7. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

The thing is, You have to factor in the character issues. You can't just delete a portion of someone's game/personality to argue they are better.

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved Moss, but overall I wouldn't gamble with him. He's put up great numbers and his athleticism is ridiculous but he's a cancer and has shown frequently that he will quit on you.

I'd much rather have Dre and know that he'll give you his life on that field.

8. Ashes

Ashes Member

Hilarious.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

He keeps Harvin on the list even while admitting he has to have surgery and will be out for half the season at least. IF Harvin his healthy he COULD be one of the top receivers in the game. Andre was healthy last year and is healthy coming into this year.

And his argument for Smith...just about everything he says in that paragraph could fit for Andre.

10. Asian Sensation

LOL @ all the sensitive Texans fans. It's Megatron by a mile and then everyone else with the next closest 3 being AJ Green, Julio Jones and Dez Bryant.

The next group of guys include Fitzgerald, Marshall, Andre Johnson, Dem. Thomas, Steve Smith etc. I think 5-12 are all interchangeable. I personally would've included AJ80 around 7 or 8 but it's not as crazy as some of you whiners are making it out to be for someone to not have him in their top 10.

I'm sure Colts fans feel Wayne belongs in the top 10.
    I'm sure Pats fans would've felt Welker belonged in the top 10 if he were still in NE.
    I'm sure Giants fans think Nicks and or Cruz should be in there.

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

To not make the top 10? Its 100% crazy. What's the justification? He was 4th in receptions; 2nd in total yards and yards/game - and it's not like his season was an anomaly: he's been doing it for 10 years. How is *that* guy not an easy top 10 pick?

I'm fine slotting him behind Megatron, Green and Jones - those guys are beasts and the Texans would trade Andre Johnson in a heartbeat for any of the 3. And I think Marshall, Bryant and Thomas are all worthy of top five consideration. But that's it. Fitzgerald, Smith, White and Harvin are not better WRs than Andre Johnson.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Out of all those players you just name-dropped, only one had a better season last year than AJ80.

13. conquistador#11

talking heads always have agendas to push, i wonder what his beef is with andre. Like the local guys who claim our qb, is a game manager. never seen a game manager throw for 4,000 yards and have his receiver gain 1,500 when both have been healthy. Andre had an amazing season, on a balanced team. Let's not forget he wasn't being targeted as much during the first five games.

It's not even about who you would rather have in two years because everybody knows the NFL is about the NOW. And right now, to win a superbowl, I'd rather have Andre than any of those listed below megatron.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Chris Carter is out of line. I'd slap that stupid satisfied look off his face if he were hear right now.

Well, not really. But no way dre isn't top 10 coming off of the season he just had. And I do hate the look that Chris Carter always seems to have.

15. 713

713 Member

Dre would be the best WR in the NFL if he had a decent QB throwing him the ball.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Carter be trollin.

[​IMG]

18. platypus

platypus Member

Wow. I usually try not to get my jimmies rustled about an espn opinion. But god damn, I'm pissed that this fool wrote this garbage.

Andre and calvin are the best WR's in the league and then it's everyone else. Calvin has more red-zone touchdowns but an argument can be made that Andre is a better route runner and cerebral player.

19. T-mac&Yao=RING

You did exactly what I asked you not to do...lol

20. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

dont agree with the list
    aaaand dre's gonna be dre & haters gone hate
    lets go Texans!!