1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mikennite

mikennite Member

I love HOTD, but sometimes it feels like I'm watching a hentai. Anyone else think that?

2. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Pretty much. I suppose that's part of the point.

3. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Dat bathing scene :eek:

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Yeah I felt like that was part of it... But then you should hear the guys complaining about the perspective scenes in Free! They aren't nearly as blatant as something like HSOTD but I don't read females complaining about that. It's a double standard that irritates me. They say females are insecure about their bodies, which we are, but guys are much more sensitive when faced with blatantly obvious man service :)

I don't mind that stuff most of the time, but I'd like to have equal screen time for nice male muscle time as well.

Also I still can't watch watamote on the TV but it works on the computer through the website... So I guess it's a rights issue. Do you all watch on the computer or through an app?

5. mikennite

mikennite Member

I watch through my computer, that's connected to my tv

6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Here is the 1st episode of our new show. The narration in the beginning was done by Jen Taylor (Cortana). This came out on our site last week but the embed would have triggered an autoplay ad on this page. Chapter 2 is up on our site today.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-sGiE10zNQM?list=UUzH3iADRIq1IJlIXjfNgTpA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Hayesfan

I have a computer that I need to do that with... Haven't had time to do it yet. The app worked so far with every other show just not that one. :)

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Android app. Might need to contact support. I've had that happen on another video, but it ended letting me watch it after a few tries.

9. Hayesfan

Good to know! I will send a message to them and see if it can be fixed

Edit: Well it now works... when I sent the email they said it was because of not updating my profile with my birthday and allowing mature content via the settings.. I can now happily watch watamote on my tv!

#489 Hayesfan, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  10. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Oh, I completely concur. It's definitely a double-standard that's widespread worldwide. I'm all in favor of gender equality on this one. Besides giving women some eye candy, I'd like to think the role reversal helps make some of the particularly sexist guys realize how offensive some of that stuff can be and start treating women more like real people and less like just things to have sex with. The irony... using further sexual objectification to reduce sexism.

But I'll hop off my soapbox now.

11. Hayesfan

Sadly instead I think it just gives them something to complain about as "homo" or "gay". A lot of these guys are watching Free because in essence its a story about swimmers, but I think they lose fact of the "slice of life/shoujo" genre that it was intended for.

There is a girl in the show that they could use for guy fanservice if they chose to do so, which they may in the next episode since the team is going to a beach, but I'd rather they didn't. Just so that it can further emphasize the difference in target audience.

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Watching the preview of free, it looks like how Hikaru and kaoru act together x10.

13. Hayesfan

Not even remotely... Hikaru and Kaoru play to that aspect and are major touchy feely... This isn't blatant yaoi so much as showing pretty boys in their swim trunks a lot. There was one questionable scene in the last episode, but other than that it's mostly more slice of life than boy love.

Edit: Also I have learned so much new vocabulary while perusing anime... Hentai = pervert, yaoi = bl =boys love, ecchi, shoujo, shonen etc etc.... Not to mention the Japanese phrases! Lol it's very educational

#493 Hayesfan, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  14. itony

itony Member

what site do you guys use to watch your anime(i.e naruto)? the one i was using, animecrazy shut down

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

no offense to the people in here but the rom.com animes I've seen suck. Ouran was iight and thats about it.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If you're a big enough Naruto fan you'll go ahead, but I'm warning you...

Heres the site http://www.dubbedepisodes.ws/watch/naruto-dubbed & a little gift....

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Crunchyroll has a complete Naruto, an up to date Shippuden that's updated every Thursday, and the naruto spinoff: rock lee and his ninja pals.

18. Hayesfan

I would imagine that's because they aren't targeted for you... They are targeted for me :)

A site I've used before is animehere and animeboy both have a lot of shows

19. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Have you not seen the world god only knows???

20. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Ooh, ever since I left for college I've been unable to get back into the anime scene. But TWGOK is classic! I could watch that no matter what mood or frame of mind I'm in.