1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Can you rap? I'm guessing you can't. In fact it's probably as terrible as Honey Bear's attempt above.

If you think everyone can rap it just shows how dumb you are on the subject and you should probably keep quiet about it to not reveal more of your ignorance on it.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That says nothing because it's just one artist.

One artist doesn't represent the entire genre. It's a pretty simple concept.

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Everyone can rap, and about 50% of people can ride a beat. You take my 7 minute lyrics and compare it to Wayne, Soula Joy or whoever the current chart topper is, and there's no difference.

Remember, that's not the point. The point is what rap embodies.

Beyond the “extensive” efforts of his foundation, Jay-Z is also the man who earned over $63 million dollars last year and only gave $6,000 to charity. Unfortunately, this has become par for the course in a world where poor black people are not nearly as fashionable of a cause as gay white kids from the suburbs. Poor black kids can’t buy your records, rendering them effectively useless.

The rule is simple: If you’re rich, we love you. It doesn’t matter if you’re a former crack dealer (Jay-Z), brag about murdering women and children (Lil Wayne) or sleep with middle school kids on the weekends (R. Kelly). Money is used to wash away all sins, and people are quicker to disrespect an icon like Harry Belafonte than they are to challenge celebrities to do more than tweet pictures of their newborn baby

http://www.kulturekritic.com/2012/0...-calls-out-jay-z-and-beyonce-for-selfishness/

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Eminem is white, so what?

Lol, you took one part of the song without delving into the other parts where he basically says people against him used to be just like these kids that listen to him, listening to music deemed wrong or immoral. In addition he says these same people should worry less about him and that they should pay more attention to matters inside their own homes. It's easy to cherry pick one line out of a song and down the entire thing. LOL! :grin:

How is that an embarrassment? He's saying He made something of himself even though he was given nothing. He tells his stories through his point of view, where he came from, no different than many other people in the music business. Lol. :grin:

Geez, you keep going off on all kinds of tangents. Raps bad, Eminem's white, Jay-Z's charitable donations. Lol. Overall wealthy people give less than their counterparts, it's not just Jay-Z.

Do you have a basket full of cherries? You should with all these you just picked. Lol! :grin:

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol

technically everyone CAN rap you're right. Everyone can draw too...everyone can sing...doesn't mean it'll be accepted as good.

What you wrote was pure garbage. My opinion of course but I doubt many would accept that as 'good'

You're right, it's about the level of Soulja Boy but who said Soulja Boy was good and respected? Also Hate or love Wayne he's written stuff much better than that.

Rap embodies whatever the rapper wants it to embody. (as with any form of music or art) Seriously we could have a entire topic on rap that doesn't have a negative message. It would take a while to fill. If you want to listen to it it's plenty out there to be had.

6. Lil Pun

Exactly. You typically see popular rap gain such popularity (ex. Soulja Boy) because of white people. After all, whites purchase something like 70-80% of rap music. If white people are tired of how popular the genre and the message it pushes out is maybe they should start imploring their people to quit pushing the nonsense by refraining from their purchases.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So this thread is about Will Smith and Eminem now? Interesting. I wonder if it will ever die.

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Time for some rap battles.

9. Lil Pun

We'll be transitioning into food next. :grin:

I actually wouldn't mind this thread being locked.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We both know there is only a small section of the country that wants to get rid of rap. It's usually the same section of the country that hates anything new or anything they can't quite understand.

Unfortunately. Some people want to blame rap for something and that's how it got here.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

...or is it the section of the US that actually wants to see blacks better themselves? and not continue to hamstring themselves in life?

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

So, getting rid of rap music will help blacks better themselves? Do you actually believe the horses**t you write???

13. Granville

Granville Member

Why the hell would I want to rap? it's garbage.

14. dandorotik

Music definitely influenced me. That's why you should ban Helter Skelter.

Sincerely,

Charles Manson

15. dandorotik

I believe we should get rid of the Boy Scouts as well. My Eagle Scout certainly had an adverse effect on me.

Regards,

Charles Whitman

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well rap has nothing to do with that.

In fact many rappers have had a similar message about self improvement...even some of the bigger rappers...Like Tupac...so you're focusing on the wrong thing. Besides if you want to put the blame on rap you may as well put the blame on the execs that push that kind of rap out to the public and encourage the rappers to put that stuff out.

It's nice to see Republicans have some concern when it comes to minorities though.

Of course, I expected that. It's your opinion though so there is not much else to say on that.

17. Granville

Granville Member

I don't give a **** if you ban rap or not , I just said rappers are not musicians they are entertainers.

18. dandorotik

What is your favorite type of "music"?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He says rap isn't music so he has no idea what music actually is.

20. Granville

Granville Member

My weiner tickles when I listen to rap

Signed

Dandorotik