1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Delusional cousin: there's no competition

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Jul 23, 2013.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

What a loser, so glad we got Dwight so there's zero chance Morey goes after this delusional knucklehead. There's a lot of competition there and he should embrace it, because right now he's probably one of the worst. Can the guy keep his mouth shut and finally work at his game instead of thinking people owe him something.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I would still take Cousins, as-is, over all those players listed in that quote.

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lol in before people trash this post

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Out of ALL of them he's the one with the most baggage and quite possibly
    shown the least amount of growth! Personally I think his immaturity is
    greater than his skills at this point.

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

What's wrong with confidence?

6. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/hKnZuWQ7qLK/embed/postcard" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. conquistador#11

he is kind of right, with the exception of monroe. He should fokus on his work ethic, then he can throw his tantrums at the refs. worked well for #8/#24

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

He's more talented than Monroe, but way more baggage.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As-is is where I lost you. He needs a LOT of work on his attitude, discipline, in-game decision-making, as well as focus. He obviously possesses the most raw talent of the group, but guys like Greg Monroe, Larry Sanders, and Andre Drummond just have better approaches to the game, thus making them more coachable.

10. arjun

arjun Member

im pretty sure jordan and kobe wouldve said the same thing...

not saying cousins is on that level at all..but how can you knock his confidence?

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Cousins is without a doubt the most talented big of his generation. But he still has ways to go live up to his full potential.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Davis will be better than him in 2 years. Maybe this year.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sure, there's competition but I'd probably have Cousins up top right now. Monroe right there with Davis right behind.

Rank 'em

(Of the guys at USA mini-camp)

DeMarcus Cousins
    Greg Monroe
    Anthony Davis
    Andre Drummond
    Larry Sanders
    Derrick Favors
    Kenneth Faried
    Ryan Anderson
    Taj Gibson
    DeAndre Jordan

#13 J.R., Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Larry Sanders doesn't approach the game that much better. He's not a headcase, but I think he makes dumb decisions going for a block all the time.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOLwtf? Drummond, Monroe and Faried would eat him for lunch...and maybe dinner since he's such a ******.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ok, guess he was right based on these responses. I'd seriously take Davis, Drummond, Monroe & Faried over him based on talent and character. I would not want to rely on a guy who has a history of saying dumb **** and being a little baby and tops it off with this arrogant response. Cousins should know better but he probably does not care about anyone but himself or is that stupid.

17. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

That's not being arrogant. He should feel he's the best big there. Talent wise I agree, he is. And I would AS-IS take him over most of those players mentioned. If he somewhat matures, which I'm sure he will, I would take him over all those players easily.

18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I agree. This guy has obvious problems but he also has the skills to be a dominant big man someday. I think that with a solid team behind him he could flourish. Some of you forget he plays for the Kings, a dysfunctional, unstable team from top to bottom, a bad situation for a young talented player to be in.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Actually, what he said was the definition of arrogant. You can still feel like you're the best there while respecting other people's games, and acknowledging their skill. He didn't do that whatsoever.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have nothing wrong with what he said. Yeah it is arrogant but meh, he wouldn't be the first athlete to be extremely arrogant about his abilities.