1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Beautiful move in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Miracles Boys33, Jul 22, 2013.

Tags:
?

Most Beautiful Move In The NBA

1. Dream Shake

215 vote(s)
    71.2%
  2. Up&Under

10 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Euro-Step

39 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Hop-Step

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Fadeaway

33 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I voted for the up & under, even though it's really a counter to a Dream Shake/fadeaway.

A well executed up & under is like the vertical version of breaking a guys ankles and just waltzing by for the score. Rondo has a beautiful one, and a number of variations to it. McHale, of course, used it to perfection as well.

Just something beautiful about watching a player in complete control of his defenders movement. Not just deciding to try it & hoping it works, but manipulating the defender until he gives the window.

2. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

KG's head fake turnaround jumper. I love that shot.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The off the backboard...
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Dp8bV1lRZmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The behind the back dribble and fade away...sickk
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i3jTaT3pYFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The fake behind the back
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/80EVb7HNa6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

hes the greatest tho

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Finger Roll

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BmbuDQHAuqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Such a smooth move and it feels slick when you do it too.

In slow motion, nothing beats the grace of the finger roll. Check out Clyde releasing the ball over the great shot blocker just in time. Just beautiful.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V7FpnHlM_qA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. don grahamleone

And shame on Miracle Boy for not including it.

I couldn't find any video, but I loved it when Clyde would get in the deep high post (closer to the baseline) on the left side of the box, drive right and not have the defender beat too bad, but he'd swing that right arm below the arms of the defender and that arm motion mixed with the flick of the hand and the ball would be spinning the same direction a second hand on a clock does. His hand would be so close to the basket, he'd make it a super high percentage of the time. It was the evolution of the finger roll.

Clyde should teach Chandler that move. He taught me and I ain't that good at the game.

7. don grahamleone

Found it!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jANX9ebGGk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. dsid411

dsid411 Member

That was awesome. He EMBARRASSED KG lol

9. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Kobe dream shake

10. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

hardaways killer cross was awesome

11. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Derrick Roses hop step through traffic.

w/o that athleticism you can't pull it off.

12. DreamRoxCoogFan

Anyone who said dirk needs to leave and never come back. How dare you.

The correct answer on this forum is the Dream Shake, the move that schooled Shaq, "bamboozled" Robinson, steamrolled Ewing, ran Dikembe off the floor, and inspired a generation of short kids like myself to man the post and try it out even though I had no business being there.

13. conquistador#11

lol at the eurostep being beautiful. It's effective and gets the job done, but compared to the dream shake, it's rosie odonnell. no offense to rosie odonnell, i thought she was hittable in a league of their own.

14. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Can someone change this thread title to "most beautiful WOMEN of the NBA. Then change thread content accordingly ...

Thank you ...

15. alaskansnowman

That Mcgrady behind the back turnaround jumper was prettttttyy sweet. Huge fan of the Eurostep as well... I think it's a beautiful move.

16. FearTheBeardJH

Let's be honest, Dream shake is a very soft move. Skyhook was much better and more effective. Kareem had much higher FG% than Hakeem.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Which is more biutiful?

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I like beautiful passes... like White Chocolate used to do.

19. DreamRoxCoogFan

why am I not surprised that a 2012er would take any chance he/she could get to s**t on Rockets history.

20. basketballholic

No Larry Bird stuff in here yet? (ridiculous fadeaway)
    What about Adrian Dantley? (6'4" and dominating the low block with so many moves)
    Mark Aguirre?
    Kevin Mchale?
    Jack Sikma's unblockable jumper?

Here's an interesting story you may appreciate.
    I fell in love with the killer crossover, not because I saw Iverson and company doing it but because I started doing it in junior high school. I did it by accident one day on the playground during the summer and then started thinking about it and kept doing it. I was quicker than everybody else on the court so it became second nature to me that summer.

I still remember first practice back in the fall. I pulled that move in the first scrimmage and coach had a conniption fit. Blew the whistle, walked up to me and told me to never do that again because it was too risky, kept explaining to me how I was bringing the ball down in front of the defender and how easily a good defender could just swipe it away. Needless to say, he took it out of my game, at least during high school games. That was my sophomore season. I did use it once during the end-of-the-year tournament. Came down on a break, defender was back in position, I slowed up at the top of the circle, defender came out of his crouch and took a step to my right to contain my dribble penetration, I crossed over and went to the rack and laid it in while he was falling down hollering, "Help!". It happened so fast I don't think coach saw it. At least he never said anything to me about it.

Several years later.....I'm watching Iverson. Commentators are going crazy about the "killa crossover"....like it was some sort of new basketball invention. Truth is kids had been doing it on the playground for decades but the coaches kept taking it away from them in organized ball. Really all that happened with that move was coaches finally realized how effective and devastating it was and how it was actually a low turnover high-scoring move if they had a true ball handler doing it and they started allowing the kids to do it.

Being undersized, but with a very strong base, I used to watch the post-up guys for hours...McHale, Dantley, Aguirre, Barkley and yes......Hakeem. I especially liked watching Dantley however simply because he was so much smaller than everybody else down low but he was so stinking effective. If you're younger and you never saw Dantley...you ought to watch a lot of video on him. He had incredible footwork and moves/fakes in the low block and he WAS NOT athletic. Simply Beautiful Moves. If you're taller with length...you should totally devour Hakeem and McHale's video footage. Beautiful moves.

Abdul-Jabbar's skyhook...hated watching him kill my team with it..but it is one of the most beautiful moves ever invented in the game of basketball and Kareem perfected it like no other b4 or after him.

I really like the behind the back fake into a layup that Rondo does and that other point guards are doing now also. However, Pistol Pete was doing that stuff back in the day even before Magic Johnson.

Larry's fallaway jumper. Watch this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rto2_oYVs0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>