1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2013.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

he got that bang bus from Royce

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Am i the only other person that wants to know how coach got his own special member status?

Hell i want in on the clan also...

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

See, I done told y'all this is still Harden's team.

4. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

5. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]

6. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Should these last 2 off seasons lock Morey in for Executive of the Year? People now realize that Morey should have been Executive of the Year in 2012-2013. They see how he hosed OKC to get Harden. Now he signs Howard.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't know about that. He's definitely in the top 3, but the job Prokharov and his henchmen have done in Brooklyn this off-season might get them honors if they topple the Heat this season. It'll be interesting though, to say the least.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude, it's not considered an official "ClutchFans Pat on the Back!"

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

^This.

I think he wanted to push Dwight out the door. Whether or not this is the case, he knows it's his team, and he doesn't care to parse his words to suit someone else. I'm the man; if you want to come along for the ride, you play by my rules.

God, please don't let the Lakers get a big name free agent next year. And don't let them get Kevin Love the year after that. Oh, and help me win the lottery...

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

YUP. Kobe is not a floor general, he is a floor dictator. I dont believe he wanted to push Dwight out the door as much as establish who the boss was going to be if he stayed (which had the effect of pushing him out the door of course). Whether Kobe foresaw this outcome I suppose is debatable. At the end of the day, I think he would rather him be gone if he wasn't going to be submissive though.

1 person likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

If the Heat or healthy, there is no way the Nets are beating them... especially with Jason Kidd as the head coach.

Let's put it this way, the top three players in a series between those two teams are on the Heat.

Also, what Morey has done is more impressive and actually cost less long term assets.

13. Illegal Machine

Not trolling....

Anyone else worried about this?

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...-other-athletes-used-clinic-mlb-investigation

He said NBA players are among those who attended the clinic?

A Florida based clinic?

Former NBA players busted for steroids: Rahsard Lewis and Hedo Turoglu? Former teammates in Florida of a certain freakishly built Rockets starting Center?

I mean, that would be our luck, right? We're Rockets fans. We know in the back of our minds that this is too good to be true.

NOT trolling. Just throwing it out there.

14. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

I'm not :p

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kupchak not surprised Howard left

"It wasn't a surprise. I had a feeling that Houston was a frontrunner, and whenever a player is an unrestricted free agent, anything can happen," Kupchak said. "Clearly, we wanted to keep him here in Los Angeles, and I felt we did everything we could do within reason to show we did want to keep him here.

"Until the end, I kept up hope. I think we were as persistent as we could be within reason. I wasn't shocked but I was disappointed."

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Within reason?

17. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

If you mean to imply that Chris Bosh is better than Deron Williams then you need to hand in your Clutchfans membership.

Now.

Bosh isn't a top 20 player in this league. Scoreless in a championship game 7... I'm going to throw up if that is who you actually think is the third best player on the two teams. :(

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Meaning we tried but we didn't try that hard.

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Meaning they didn`t fire their coach to get Phil Jackson...