1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Ugh, so many midrange jumpers.
    I won't mind it if he shoots it as well as KG or Dirk, but he doesn't.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This Christianity stuff is a smokescreen. Not once have I seen some one on this forum attack Lin for his beliefs. People just don't think he fits the Rockets as constructed.

No one hates Omer because he doesn't fit the team anymore. If anything they just don't like how he's handled being replaced.

Lin was one of the highest paid players on this team last year and Patrick Beverly who got off a plane from Russia had more confidence in his game than him. As some posters would say, Lin ain't about dat life. Mario Chalmers and Wade made that clear.

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

What facts on what table do you speak of...???

I haven't seen any facts. Just a bunch of speculation.

1 person likes this.
  4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

Bingo.

5. kumakun

kumakun Member

Look its obvious Lin is going to start the season, and its most likely depending on how Lin plays he may or may not be traded. If he plays as "bad" as he's done last year, he's out by ASW and PB/Brooks/Canaan are the new PGs.
    I'm the biggest Lin fan and even I'm not blinded by the situation.
    Its fine though, I think being too comfortable in your job makes you lose focus. If Lin has that passion he's missing last season, maybe he'll play much better and I hope he does play much better.

6. Classic

Classic Member

jumped to page 30 and talking Jlin in a PG thread

shocking

welcome back AB; have no idea where you'll fit but congrats on the contract

7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

yah where the heck did that come from.....i was trying to catch up on brooks lol.......

I wanted to comment like 10 times...but i am like this isnt a jeremy lin thread!!! lol

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Why did I watch that stupid Jazz video ? Duped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. basketballholic

Haven't seen any facts? You must have been on a Rip Van Winkle vacation from March until now.

Fact 1: He walked away from $3.4 million

Fact 2: Morey paid him $2.4 million to play like 38 minutes last season.

Fact 3: Only reason Brooks got off the bench was because of Lin's injury.

Fact 4: Brooks re-signed here for the minimum after we had given 15 guys guaranteed money.

Fact 5: The $2.4 million Morey gave him in March plus the $1 million Morey is giving him now equals the $3.4 million he gave up to be bought out in Sacramento.

Fact 6: We gave him $1 million when we already have 3 point guards and there are better point guards on the market that will sign for the minimum elsewhere.

Fact 7: He re-signed here after having no role here last season, after we drafted another point guard, after he found out nobody else would give him a contract above the minimum.

Read my above post, RickyNewport. Don't ask me to post stuff over again. Those are the facts! Now, I've listed them for you again, dummied down so you might be able to understand them. Read them RickyNewport.

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

with this signing, we're out of the Mike Miller race?

11. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

Man, it's a shame all the LOF's are bashing AB for coming back. Making up things like "he has a terrible attitude" when he decided to come back knowing he'll be way down on the depth chart. He genuinely loves the city and organization and wants to make our team as competitive as possible, and people here are hating on him? I like Jeremy as a Rocket, but I'll be glad when his fans who support him instead of the team are outta here.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

We were never in the Mike Miller race

13. basketballholic

I am not a LOF. Not making up Brooks' attitude issues either.

Be realistic. At this time Brooks does not have a future here. The only slim chance of him possibly acquiring a future here involves a lot of factors all coming into play simultaneously....injury to the other PGs we have on the roster simultaneously with trades of other PGs we have on the roster simultaneously with Brooks all of a sudden playing his sneakers off in preseason.

The odds of these things happening all simultaneously....about 0.1%. That's Brooks chances of staying here long term. We may keep him to use him salary filler in a trade after he becomes trade eligible if he makes it to December 15th. Or he may not even make it to December 15th. If he is still here after the trade deadline it will be a huge overwhelming of the odds.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

What if Manu wasn't an ass monkey and Brooks was healthy that whole season? Such a different career trajectory...

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Brooks can veto any trade this season. I also think you underrate his chances of winning playing time. He played pretty well in the playoffs for a dude who hadn't seen any burn. I could see him winning time from McHale.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>If Aaron Brooks is signing one-year deal with Rockets, he'll make $1,106,941. HOU will pay $884,293. The league will pay the rest.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/358222293602156544">July 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Also, as a &quot;One-Year Bird&quot; player, Brooks can veto any trade involving him this season (since he would lose Early Bird rights if traded).</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/358222778605912064">July 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Taking minutes from who? Beverly?

I think more likely is Morey is preparing for the scenario where he trades Lin or Beverley at the trade deadline.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We had that before.
    He is one tough son of a gun. He keeps on coming back.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Beverley played well last year but I'm not someone who ignores the fact that plenty of players throughout history have had significant drop offs.

I don't think Brooks will be a consistent rotation player, but I can absolutely see him getting random burn time where McHale wants his offense on the court.

20. basketballholic

I don't agree. He was already empty stats at that point. Just a bunch of inefficient scoring. Look those 3-point percentages look great on paper. But that's all he does. When you put the ball in Brooks' hands and decide to have him make plays for you...his efficiency goes into the toilet so bad. Brooks is another version of Daniel Gibson. You put him on the floor to spot up and fire. Sure he can break down his defender...but it's not profitable for him to do that unless he's going straight to the rim for the layup.

Brooks was a serious upgrade to Rafer because he could shoot the ball. That's why we were mostly excited about him when he came on the scene. And he was young and he had the potential (still does) to be a lot better player. He has the quickness to be a very pesky defender. He just won't do it. He simply won't play hard (attitude). And he doesn't synergize with the other 4 guys on the floor. Unless Brooks has a serious attitude adjustment and starts to dawg it out on court..he'll be a bit player at best in the NBA and he's probably headed out of the league overseas again.