1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Someone remind me what Orlando got for Dwight Howard again?

GMs don't get stars for stars anymore.

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That's similar to what I've been saying, if we could get a guaranteed lottery pick for Lowry, we can get a decent pick for Lin or Asik, which would be of more value to the Blazers rebuilding. Ugh, people need to listen to me! lol

3. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Seriously because of that Harden trade and Dwight being not totally ignorant on what's best for his own career, everybody is expecting Morey to just sucker every GM in the business.

4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Your own 1st rounders.

5. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oAjtZOafwHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Gil

Gil Member

They few teams that value him probably offered garbage though. Maybe a 2nd round pick and a few scrubs to match the salary in return.

7. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

OK

For LMA they will have to. Stop dreaming.

8. pnr

pnr Member

Is there a reliable source that says Aldridge wants to be traded? I read a few weeks ago that he doesn't want to be traded. I don't know if he was just blowing smoke or trying to save face, but I can buy it. They have potential to be a great team in the next couple years with Lillard and Batum developing.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

They will certainly want our pick for next season as even a pick in the mid to late 20's can net them something good. Plus a mid-range team like the bucks looking for a PG might give us their 1st for lin. Jennings has indicated he aint returning.Our 1st pick, bucks 1st pick and a packiage of Asik and D-mo/Jones will get it done

10. TheresTheDagger

I disagree to an extent.

Yes, OKC dumped Harden because of potential luxury tax issues. But they had him signed through 2013. They could have waited. Why didn't they???

Because they saw their leverage dwindling. The closer it got to the free agency period for James, the smaller the Thunder's leverage got in trade talks. They pulled the trigger early hoping they got a good return while the getting was good.

Portland. Same idea. Two years from now, LMA enters F/A. The likelihood of the Blazers holding on to him is growing slimmer and their leverage dwindles. Therefore they look to trade him now while they can get something for him.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What star did Orlando get back for Howard again?

12. ERC

ERC Member

You can't, not in consecutive years.

Google "The Ted Stepien Rule".

13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I keep hearing different things. The last thing was Aldridge himself saying that he hasn't met with the team regarding a trade.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

That would be incredibly ****ed up, after all Parsons did to get Dwight here.

15. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Lamarcus Aldridge ✔ @aldridge_12

I guess we making up stuff now huh..... Been in Dallas for going on two weeks. Smh
    11:36 AM - 18 Jul 2013

Boom killed this entire thread.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

We're not getting Aldridge guys, let it go.

17. treeman

treeman Member

So has any of this actually been confirmed? Google tells me nothing, last report on Brooks is mutual interest with NYK.

Is this just 20 pages of speculation about a possibly hacked twitter feed? Or is there something to it?

18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

It would look bad on Morey and it would be bad for the entire organization as Parson has been the face of the team since Dwight decided to come here. It would have be mid-season or next year. Just too many eyes on the team right now to do it.

19. Gil

Gil Member

What a beast. Him and Dwight together would destroy any team in the League.

Shame it won't happen though. :(

20. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

wait there is no story of brooks being signed ... i think he is simply in town and saying good to be in houston .... where is a signing link ?