1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Correction.

Rockets can take 150% salary back in a trade.
    LMA salary this year is 14.2m

Any of these combinations would work...

Asik + T-Jones/D-Mo
    Asik + Smith + Beverley
    Asik + Smith + Parsons

Your assumptions about Portland not wanting Lin and Asik together are valid but I think another big factor is Lin's contract (not considered value for money) combined with Asik's contract makes for a combined terrible contract: 16.6m cap hit but $30m payment in the final year.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

why do people keep saying this like it's a good thing?

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I assume a 3rd team will be involved that will take lin and gives us an 1st rounder or an asset that we will send to Portland with out 1st picks for 2014 and 2015 .

4. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Getting rid of Lin for Aaron Brooks just doesn't make much sense. The cap hit for Lin isn't a joke or anything. He could absolutely earn it or even outplay it this season. Plus, while GM's will lie their face off about saying someone won't get traded, it was a little different how Morey said it this past time when he included Harden and Howard. I put some stock in that.

5. Gil

Gil Member

But they want Lin & Asik instead? You're just as clueless

If they're trading LMA they'll want a big that can't create for himself, that isn't Omer. Lin will never happen with Lillard there.

Fact is we have nothing to offer Portland. They have better alternatives for our most valuable assets (Asik, Chandler and Lin)

6. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Even if you're correct, what organization in their right mind would trade Aldrigde for Asik.

7. TheresTheDagger

So let me see. Oklahoma City is willing to give up a great player. An All Star for Martin, Lamb and picks. Wow. Welcome to bizarro world.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

An organization that didnt just get Asik. They will be a lot more than that. Picks, rights to players, D-Mo and or Jones.

9. Gil

Gil Member

No one wants Lin. His stock is at its lowest, he's currently overpaid and this is a golden era for guards.

10. delishman

delishman Member

Yeah!! Preach, PHOENIX!!

OMER is a FRANCHISE PLAYER. He doesn't come off the bench. HE's an ALL-STAR, he doesn't come off the bench.

11. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Huh

Exactly. Some think Portland just wants Houston to have 3 All Stars with no pain.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well, looks like I may have been completely wrong.

If this really is true, then I love it because:

1. I think AB really fits in at PG on this Rockets team.

2. I can still wear my AB Rockets shirt that sat in my closet for all that time he was gone.

13. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Oh yeah. Hm. Well, maybe Lin won't be traded then, his stock must be really low.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Actually feigan or the chronical did say that some teams called morey regarding lin. Despite his contract, there are teams that value his marketing and to be honest he is a good player but a bad fit here.

15. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Um OKC was forced to do so because they didn't wanna pay taxes? They didn't believe Harden(who was unproven) could be a superstar. Dude you know how much luck and good circumstances had to land for that deal? Portland ain't in the same situation.

16. TheresTheDagger

First of all, it would be more than just Asik.

Second of all, it could happen because they want to get value for him before he pulls a Dwight in 2 years. Maybe, just maybe they see their own leverage fading as the offers for LMA get smaller and smaller.

Its not as if they feel LMA is the key to a title run during the next 2 years...

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I don't believe the Trailblazers are in the situation that OKC was in. Plus lamb and the picks have more value than Bev

18. Gil

Gil Member

The Harden trade doesn't mean every GM is an idiot and will roll over for us.

Besides James was (wrongly) projected as their 4th most valuable asset. This isn't the case with LMA.

Portland consider him the best PF in the League and aren't going to be low balled to build a super team for another franchise.

19. ERC

ERC Member

You can't trade away 1st rounder in consecutive years. The Ted Stepien Rule.

Unless Portland is willing to accept first rounders in non-consecutive years (2014, 2016, 2018, etc.), I don't see it happening.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

WE. ARE NOT. TRADING. PARSONS.

Damn, some of you guys are just....obtuse.

1 person likes this.